How in depth is the exterior modification?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hemisport15
  • 11 comments
  • 1,015 views
Messages
1,301
United States
Pennsylvania
What's good GTP? Alright so here's the low down, i absolutely love getting to modify cars in video games, it's easily one of my favorite things to do when i play. And I was wondering how in depth is the exterior modification? I'm well aware that you can purchase aero parts and for some cars and a very small number of them can even get a full racing modification. So does this mean that there are body kits, side skirts, diffusers, and all that stuff? What do they look like? Are they more beneficial aerodynamically or are they mainly visual?

Thanks in advance for the help guys, if you have pics of these mods could you post them too? And i didn't search to see if this was answered already so sorry if this has already been explained.
 
It's not very in depth for the cars I have tried it on yet, generally you can choose from one or 2 body kits, a handful of rear wings, and 20 or so rims.

I would assume the aero kits do something for downforce or whatever, haven't noticed a huge difference though.
 
Up until now i haven't seen a replacement front or rear bumper, only spoiler lips.
On one car the frontlip came with side skirts, but i don't remember which one.

Here are two pictures of my Audi TTS with frontlip and rear wing.
 
Heres my AZ1 with a Carbon Fiber bonnet and front bumper and Evo IX with front lip and a nice spoiler on the back
AutumnRingMini.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway.jpg
 
I added a front valence and a rear spoiler to my '71 Mach 1 last night, I elected not to add the rear valence. Looks factory which is good in my book. I am thinking their will be updates/DLC in the future for these options? Sorry no pictures at this time.
 
How in depth?, in truth, its very, very limited, standard cars only have a handfull of rear wings to choose from (which when limited to stock wheels, look a little bit odd), and some premium cars have a handfull of aero parts.
 
Wow, that's kinda disappointing. and is it true that the standard cars can't get aftermarket wheels?
 
yes that's true.

AZ-1 with everything I could do to it (color-coded lip kit, spoiler, cf hood)
ahrweilerstreet.jpg
 
Thats one thing that disappointed me about this game. I would love to see an update some day that gives us a Forza-like customization system, at least for paint work.
 
Thats one thing that disappointed me about this game. I would love to see an update some day that gives us a Forza-like customization system, at least for paint work.

Yea, that's what i really was hoping for too. How is the wheel customization? I'm gonna assume that we still can't choose diameter, widths, offsets, and all that stuff?
 
Yea, that's what i really was hoping for too. How is the wheel customization? I'm gonna assume that we still can't choose diameter, widths, offsets, and all that stuff?

All you get to do is choose the style of wheel - it will stay at whatever the default diameter is. No offset, size or width changes.
 
Back