How is an F1 race?

United States
Athens,Ga
I have never been to an F1 race. I was wandering to all the great people out there could you tell me what it is like? How loud are the cars? How close can you get? How fast does it look like there going? Is there really those beautiful girls in the pits? And what do they (the cars) smell like?

the cars are really loud, they look like they are going faster than on tv i got into the pits but i couldnt get near the garage's tons of beautful chicks they smell like exhaust

I've never been to an F1 race, but I plan to go to the U.S. GP next year.

I am, however, headed to a CART race at Laguna Seca (where from what I hear you can get very close to the cars in the pit area). Of course, I'll have a full report after that. :D

Ive been to the Silverstone GP with a mate of my brothers who had VIP tiockets

managed to get into the pit area of William (when they had Damon Hill and Prost) got some kewl keyrings and **** aswell and got to see the spare cars

Originally posted by PreternaturalTerror
Ive been to the Silverstone GP with a mate of my brothers who had VIP tiockets

managed to get into the pit area of William (when they had Damon Hill and Prost) got some kewl keyrings and **** aswell and got to see the spare cars

i wish that frank wouldnt have fired damon hill. right after he won the world championship frank fired him

It is great at a race. The sound and the atmosphere is amazing. The sound shakes the whole grandstand. There is nothing like it.

I went to my first F1 race last year, I was surprised that you could tell the difference in the way each engine sounds. The people are from around the world cheering there favorite drivers. Its a great time....

Originally posted by Phil
It is great at a race. The sound and the atmosphere is amazing. The sound shakes the whole grandstand. There is nothing like it.
Phil speaks! :) How many GP's have you been to, Phil?

I have only been to the one in 1994. The only things I can remember about it is the sound, the atmosphere and meeting Coulthard.

I have only been to the one in 1994. The only things I can remember about it is the sound, the atmosphere and meeting Coulthard.
You met Coulthard?!?!? How did you pull that off? :eek:

My dad seemed to know this spot where all the drivers walk through to get to the pits so we stood around and the first one through was DC. Niki Lauda also came through but I didn't get to speak to him. In all about 5 drivers walked through.

Wow, I'd love to do that... :( If I'm ever in the UK during the GP, I want you (and your dad) to take me! :D

I can tell you what is better are the test sessions at Silverstone because you don't have to pay to watch and you can get the best seats and you have a better chance to meet a driver.

I can tell you what is better are the test sessions at Silverstone because you don't have to pay to watch and you can get the best seats and you have a better chance to meet a driver.
Hmmm, kind of funny that you mention this since I was just getting ready to start a new topic about it... :)

Is it that way (free) with all test sessions, on all the tracks? Since I can't get good seats to the U.S. GP, this sounds like a great option!!!

Originally posted by Simon Tibbett
I have never been to an F1 race. I was wandering to all the great people out there could you tell me what it is like? How loud are the cars? How close can you get? How fast does it look like there going? Is there really those beautiful girls in the pits? And what do they (the cars) smell like?
I've never been, but I know a guy that went to the Indy, and he said its awsome

Back