How is there not a GT Careers forum?

  • Thread starter Thread starter damanj23
  • 10 comments
  • 684 views
Messages
6
Messages
Danimaltastic
Isn't career mode a pretty big part of the game? You have forums for drag racing with about 10 posts in it, but no career forum? It would be way easier to have a career forum with sub novice, b, a, ib, ia, s, and license forums.

I imagine it would be of great help to many people, including myself, for tips on specific races and tests that can easily be found through a couple of clicks, instead of searching through a billion posts of how much the game sucks.

Just a thought.
 
I'm assuming your reference to drag racing meant that it wasn't important because there aren't many posts. I suggest you take a look at the drag racing section in GT5. It has more posts than the drifting, seasonal, photomode, course maker, b-spec, gt5 videos and race reports section.

It'll pick up, give it some time :)
 
I wasn't trying to put down any of the current forums, was just trying to put into perspective that careers mode has quite a bit to do with this game, especially early on, as in right now. And a forum full of easily accessible information would be a great help to those of us who aren't as knowledgeable as others. Especially since that information is already on this site, it's just not as neatly organized as it could be.
 
I think this is a very good idea
 
Isn't career mode a pretty big part of the game? You have forums for drag racing with about 10 posts in it, but no career forum? It would be way easier to have a career forum with sub novice, b, a, ib, ia, s, and license forums.

I imagine it would be of great help to many people, including myself, for tips on specific races and tests that can easily be found through a couple of clicks, instead of searching through a billion posts of how much the game sucks.

Just a thought.
This maybe what you're looking for at least in part:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ainment-guides-48-videos.291690/#post-9052288

@Tidgney has put together quite a collection of videos for beginners that should help a lot of folks. :cheers:
 
This maybe what you're looking for at least in part:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ainment-guides-48-videos.291690/#post-9052288

@Tidgney has put together quite a collection of videos for beginners that should help a lot of folks. :cheers:

Cheers for the link Johnny :), and just to add that the majority of trials which require some thought do have quick tips in the description of the video and I'm more than happy to help if anyone did have a question about a particular trial!
 
Isn't career mode a pretty big part of the game? You have forums for drag racing with about 10 posts in it, but no career forum? It would be way easier to have a career forum with sub novice, b, a, ib, ia, s, and license forums.

I imagine it would be of great help to many people, including myself, for tips on specific races and tests that can easily be found through a couple of clicks, instead of searching through a billion posts of how much the game sucks.

Just a thought.

Typically, threads for specific races and tests pop up in the general section, though I see your point. It's early days though - much as we had with GT5, I'm sure the community will develop a deep well of knowledge for all aspects of the game, and we'll eventually have stickied threads as go-to's for that 👍

I'm assuming your reference to drag racing meant that it wasn't important because there aren't many posts. I suggest you take a look at the drag racing section in GT5. It has more posts than the drifting, seasonal, photomode, course maker, b-spec, gt5 videos and race reports section.

It'll pick up, give it some time :)

The new software doesn't show the total posts publicly like the old one, but the drag racing sits behind the drifting, seasonal, and photomode sections when it comes to total posts. Quite possibly the Course Maker section too, but I'd have to look into that.
 
The new software doesn't show the total posts publicly like the old one, but the drag racing sits behind the drifting, seasonal, and photomode sections when it comes to total posts. Quite possibly the Course Maker section too, but I'd have to look into that.

Still isn't bad for a section created a YEAR after GT5 was released :)
 
Back