How is this game overlooked so much?

• Thread starter daz1976
  • 47 comments
They're saying all the right things regarding physics so far. If they're true to their word, then perhaps finally they have dispensed of the truly ghastly physics present in Grid and the first Dirt title đź‘Ť

I can only live in hope :nervous:
I think it will be awesome! Codemasters is letting select people from their forum play the game next Wednesday!!! March 17:tup: And allowing them to take pics and bring video cameras!!! And anyone interested we're already forming PS3 and Xbox leagues! Picking drivers now! We have clean racers from Forza 3 on xbox registered now. Inviting all you Guys!

I've just brought my F1:CE out of retirement to help build up excitement for this weekends Grand Prix.

Ok, so the real Bahrain track has had a minor change betwwen turns 3 to 5, but generally the track layout is spot on. The corner I find the most difficult to be consistent in is turn 10. Its so addictive doing lap after lap just to try & get 1 sequence of corners right, I can rattle off about 30 laps without even realising.

This game is brilliant & I am definitely looking forward to F1 2010 (both in real life & the forthcoming game) :sly:

gulf-air-bahrain-grand-prix.jpg

After watching the race this past weekend, I was really disappointed with the new track additions. The new infield sections looked like they were built by a highway contractor. How could FIA sanction or approve the construction? Not to mention the actual layout of the additions. No flow or rythem at all. They stated that the addition was intended to promote more overtaking. RIGHT. If anything it limited overtaking by adding the offcamber switchbacks. And then with a RUT in the track, and everyone bottoming out, the teams were lucky to still be on the track, let alone improve any positions.

Anyone know of other circuits that have made renovations for this seasons races?

Bahrain = Fail:tdown:

The whole track was laid at the same time. They had never used this configuration for a GP before & very possibly never raced this configuration in any series, the mid corner bump has probably been there as long as the track. To someone standing at the corner looking at it, it probably doesn't look significant or even obvious there is a bump there. You can be sure it will have been smoothed out for next time.

The corners themselves looked challenging from a drivers view point. Slow & technical with awkward crests & cambers ready to punish any lapses of concentration. Hulkenberg would be able to tell us all about that :D Spinning wasn't the only worry, if anyone went a bit off line the camber seemed ready to throw them off onto the painted areas :crazy:

I liked the new layout, bump aside, it looked more of a technical test for the driver rather than an overtaking fest for the spectator. This is maybe the reason why the configuration has never been used before.

To bring it back OT abit. It would be nice if the game included an option to drive any of the track configurations, where you decided which bits were blocked off before driving in the Time Trial section of the game. Maybe the next game . . . đź’ˇ

Theres loads of Formula 1 discussion over here, I don't know if there are any other major track revisions coming up this season. If there is you will be able to read about it there ;)

Speed Channel coverage over here stated that the track additions were new. That the new part connected other portions of the existing track to make more circuit variations for other series. And the bump/RUT was in the section that was new. I think the bump aside, the new GP route AND additional 'marbles' made the weekend tough for the teams. I'll bump over to the thread you mentioned.

I looked around for info on the track layout & found this
The new layout increases the circuit length from 5.412km circuit to 6.299km.Zayed R. Alzayani, Chairman of the Bahrain International Circuit, said: "The loop was completed in 2006 as part of the built-in evolution of the venue for competitors and fans."We gave it its debut with the inaugural 24 Hour Race of Bahrain that same year where it proved extremely successful"

Its been there a while then, just not used for F1, maybe this bump doesn't affect other cars so much :)

I am absolutely gutted. I got this as a launch game when i got my PS3, and absolutely loved it for a while. Dont know why but i got a bit bored with it. Heard codemasters had acquired the F1 rights and that a new F1 game was on the way. I had assumed that the PS3 version would be released the same time as the Wii/PSP ones, so i stupidly decided to trade in my F1:CE for another game. I should have kept it, because to this day only GT5P has equalled it in terms of graphical quality on the PS3. For a launch game, the visuals were astounding. I am an F1 fan(yeah go n say it - i should have kept a hold of it), and now with the F1 season in full swing, and having to wait until September for the new F1 game, i am at a loss. I have decided to get F1:CE again if i can find it cheap, but I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE! Feel my pain.

Tried amazon.com yet? Just input F1: Championship Edition into the search and you'll find what's available there. ;)

I thank you for your help. Good news: Finally got a second hand copy of F1:CE for ÂŁ12.95 in my local Blockbuster video store. This will tide me over until F12010 comes out, and if it's not up to scratch then i can rest easy knowing i have a quality F1 game(again). I should have kept it first time round. Do people still play this online?

Yeah, I'm online almost all the time. I would say everyday there's about 150 guys still playing and most of them are British or Spanish however the most users I've seen online was 650 after the 2008 Brazilian grand prix and about 90% of the rooms were for the Interlagos track!

Definately a great racing game even if I'm not good at it, and the best part of this game is that i got it for $10 definately the best value for money I've ever had.

Good to hear. First time i owned it i didnt have an internet connection so never got the chance to explore it online. Now i will definetely have a look. Know for sure there is a guy at work who plays it online often, his PSN ID is mjj1. Keep a look out for me guys, i am kjjtrm8r. See you all online for a race sometime!

I've just brought my F1:CE out of retirement to help build up excitement for this weekends Grand Prix.

Ok, so the real Bahrain track has had a minor change betwwen turns 3 to 5, but generally the track layout is spot on. The corner I find the most difficult to be consistent in is turn 10. Its so addictive doing lap after lap just to try & get 1 sequence of corners right, I can rattle off about 30 laps without even realising.

This game is brilliant & I am definitely looking forward to F1 2010 (both in real life & the forthcoming game) :sly:

gulf-air-bahrain-grand-prix.jpg

Does anybody know what the problem is with turn 5 and turn 11,i spin out on these two almost every lap unless i really tip toe around them...What is with that?? Drives me nuts :ouch:

Does anybody know what the problem is with turn 5 and turn 11,i spin out on these two almost every lap unless i really tip toe around them...What is with that?? Drives me nuts :ouch:

With Turn 5 your problem could be the fact that it is cresting while you are laying down the throttle and changing direction. With Turn 11 I think there is also a pretty severe crest. So just modulate your throttle going over them.

With Turn 5 your problem could be the fact that it is cresting while you are laying down the throttle and changing direction. With Turn 11 I think there is also a pretty severe crest. So just modulate your throttle going over them.

I think that could be part of the problem,i`ll check against myself with that one:dopey:, but also i think the entry speed contributes to it,i`ve noticed i can make around these two if i slow down early and tip toe around them.

Also it`s very frusting to find i can`t correct a slide,if the back steps out the car just goes around without warning,no matter how quick you grab some opposite lock :ouch:

I think that could be part of the problem,i`ll check against myself with that one, but also i think the entry speed contributes to it,i`ve noticed i can make around these two if i slow down early and tip toe around them.

Also it`s very frusting to find i can`t correct a slide,if the back steps out the car just goes around without warning,no matter how quick you grab some opposite lock

One thing about F1CE: there are certain corners/curbs that are much more likely to spin the car - whether this is logically based on the actual tracks, I don't know. I don't find T11 at Bahrain particularly bad but I do remember having a problem with T5. Using a wheel, I do find there are some corners where I back way off the throttle, or even coast for a second to allow the tires to grip through the turn. With practice you will know how to modulate the throttle to avoid spinning out - in most cases, when you lose the car, it happens so suddenly there is little you can do to save it.

http://www.livef1.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/gulf-air-bahrain-grand-prix.jpg[ /IMG][/QUOTE]

Turn 4 at Turkey is worse. And turn 1 at Brazil :D

I think it depends mainly on your car and your setup. I notice when I used the Honda instead of the Super Aguri, it would take those corners fine, but struggled with others.

Back