How is this possible? Faster start in same car?

GrumpyOldMan

Premium
United States
Southern California
dagware
I just had a really strange happen in daily race b at Autopolis Short Course. We're pretty-much all using that same car, the Alpha Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93. At the very start, the Alpha behind me was so much faster than me, he actually touched me before the first turn. Watch the rear-view mirror, or the Radar:

How is this possible? I've never experienced it before. I checked my car's health, and it's fine. The TC and assists are the same as I always have it, so they can't have been the reason. Any ideas?

It's "Alfa".
Ohhhhh, that explains some other cryptic comments I received earlier. I hate it when everyone else gets the joke, and not me. :boggled: :lol:
He's in a slightly lighter car thanks to carrying 20% fewer letters.
And I'm guessing black paint weighs more, too, right?
Also you bounced off the rev limiter, and he has slipstream off you.
You're right - I didn't notice I had done that. Thanks for the explanation!

Alfa:

8_wm-alfa-romeo-v6-ti-dtm-11.jpg

Alpha [Tauri]:

Beauty-twitter.jpg

Driving Aids depend on how much TCS you use. Too much TCS will act too much and slow you down.

Guys, as I said at the beginning, this has never happened before, and as of now, it hasn't happened again. The issue has already been pointed out by Famine - I pegged the rev limiter in first gear. It has nothing to do with TCS or assists, or it would happen more often.

Back