How long did it took the PS3 to install the update (and game)?

United States
SF, California
I pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition of the game from PSN Store and it took the PS3 about 19+ hours to install the game after fully downloading it (note, the install time is exclusive of the download time).

Then later it downloaded the update for the game after which the PS3 took about 3-5 hours (can't say for sure because I fell asleep and it's still installing) to install it.

I posted this because I'm rather surprised by experiencing such long install times on my PS3 (for a mere 15 GB game + a ~1 GB update) and if the same is true for any of you people?

Last edited:
Sounds like you have really bad connection speed. I have it on disc but the update took about 15 minutes and I also have a bad connection.

"Sounds like you have really bad connection speed" - I'm not talking about download times. I'm talking about install times which are completely exclusive of the time it took the PS3 to download the game/update files.

Took me 3 minutes to install the update, not including downloading. I have the disc version so no comment on installing there.

About 30 min for downloading update and install. I have the disc based version, and my Internet is usually at 1mb/s. About average nowadays, but in terms of installing all the content, you can do what others have suggested to make it load faster.

Set you demo to continuous and intervals at 10 seconds, and leave it on for maybe 2-3 hours. It should run through all the tracks for faster loading times.

I think there's something wrong with my PS3. Everything is working fine, the game before and after the update. Loading times are fast, It makes me wait merely 5 seconds before a race. I installed Uncharted 3, which is 40 GB+ and PS3 took about half an hour to install it. Seems like install times are huge only when the installation has something to do with Gran Turismo 6 or I may be needing a new hard-disk soon.

I pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition of the game from PSN Store and it took the PS3 about 19+ hours to install the game after fully downloading it (note, the install time is exclusive of the download time).

Then later it downloaded the update for the game after which the PS3 took about 3-5 hours (can't say for sure because I fell asleep and it's still installing) to install it.

I posted this because I'm rather surprised by experiencing such long install times on my PS3 (for a mere 15 GB game + a ~1 GB update) and if the same is true for any of you people?

It took me over 5 hrs for the install(game), i have downloaded 19 gb (hitman,me3) games and it never took anywhere near as long.
My brother also dl'd it and while he doesn't know how long it took he said it couldn't have been much more than a hour.

My update installed fine like any other patch.

edit: Mine was the psn anniversary edition also. Not the disc version.

Last edited:
Download and installation took around 15 minutes. The download speed my internet provider currently gives me: 20Mb/s

Back