How long do i have?

United States
United States
How long will a Thrustmaster T150 last with heavy use? Like i play a lot of Assetto Corsa and Gran Turismo, i recently upgraded my pedals to the T3PM pedals and added a TH8A shifter. When it does die should i buy a T248 or will the T300 servo base with an add on wheel be a better upgrade when the T150 dies? Also should add i bought an extended warranty (2 years) on the T150

I am sure that it depends on.how strong the force feed back settings are etc....and if they are kept at max or even beyond the max capabilities that the wheel is designed for. I am sure it also depends on how many hours a session are being spent. Meaning what is the rest period between use. I am sure 1 or 2 hours a few days a week would be different then say 2 plus hour sessions several days a week.

Curious of what ya think of the shifter. I have thought of getting it from time to time, but did not think close to $100 was worth it.

What is your current total investment in your T-150 package? Seems like maybe you could of got a entry level direct drive wheel, but perhaps excluding the shifter.

I have had my T-150 for several years now and it does a good job for an entry level wheel. Except I would say that typically mine is lightly used on average durring the week. Meaning typically do not race much more then 30 minuets at a time.

I do have a G27, however when got PS3 obvisouly could no longer use that. I did use it a few months back after getting a new power supply, but then after a few weeks the wheel quit centering itself. I need to give it another try before junking that wheel.

Probably in 2 years or less, I will look into direct drive wheel and VR.

If you buy another Thrustmaster, buy a TS-PC/TS-XW/T-GT class wheel. The T300 is severely compromised by poor quality engineering. If not thrustmaster, go straight to a DD wheel and don't forget there is much more than just Fanatec out there.

Back