How many B-spec drivers should I train?

• Thread starter mystvearn
  • 14 comments
I just got the game. I've did some google search and read few threads in this forum but could not find a concrete answer. I've read some said you need minimum 2 drivers, but you also need 4 drivers. So far I have two drivers (lvl 16 and lvl 8). I would like to enter remote racers as well.

If you intend to play the game fair..

The most drivers you can enter in a race is 4 ofline.
The minimum drivers you can set to remote race is 1.
If you intend to do both at the same time (friends will remote race. while you do an endurance race) then you need 5 drivers...

If you intend to over power the car and blitz your way though B-spec.
You only need 2 drivers..

There is something of a Remote Race community here on the forum. Truth be told, if you had 3 level zero drivers online to share and were willing to reciprocate, the Remote Racing will soon bump up the Levels, so there is no harm in maxing out at 6. Maybe keep a couple offline for your personal use if you feel you need to.

I had level zero driver jump to around Level 23-25 overnight by being Remote Raced by an online friend. I guess, only guess mind, that some would say bumping up like this isn't technically YOU earning the XP and I would agree. I kept my boys offline thro most of b-spec and just tried Remote Racing when I fancied a change. The money, which can be considerable, is nice though I haven't really been short of money in this version of GT, so isn't everything. Useful if you are skint though.

Hope that helps

I see. I need to see if my friends are willing to level up for me.

If the most offline race I can enter are 4 drivers, do I need 4 or I can get by with 2?

If the most offline race I can enter are 4 drivers, do I need 4 or I can get by with 2?
All ready answered that.. depends on your play style.. PD let you set the difficulty with the choice of car.
If you intend to over power the cars and blitz your way though B-spec.
You only need 2 drivers...

OK.
Fair means matching the car to the event and keeping the spec even or lower than the AI,
Over powering is not playing fair.
Over powering = Like using the formula GT in a road car event.

Last edited:
You can only race one of your drivers if you host the race so I'd recommend always choosing the strongest (personal recommendation). You need some online friends to race your lower level drivers for you.

There is a thread somewhere to advertise. Don't start a new thread asking, it goes down badly with moderators. Sorry I don't have the link for you but it shouldn't be hard to find. If you offer to race other people's bobs you will find people who will race yours.

If you enter the murky, definitely-not-fair world of grinding/widget racing you will power and cash up very quickly and have many friends queuing up for your services. Your soul shall never be clean though but your bank account will likely e plentiful. Good luck

I see. bobs = the drivers in spec b? Why call them bobs :D?

what are the drawbacks of the grinding/widget racing aside from not feeling clean? Do you get some sort of GT5 PSN trophy for helping people or letting people help you? Any compromise to my PS3 for allowing remote control?

I see. bobs = the drivers in spec b? Why call them bobs :D?

what are the drawbacks of the grinding/widget racing aside from not feeling clean?

Having to do your own races. That is the draw back.
Its also why Widget user groups break down so quickly.

Becoming a "LEECH" is way to easy. (GT5 is now so old and there are so many new titles to play.)
A leech is a user that does not host any races and only fills up other peoples grids. Take the money and does nothing in return...

Last edited:
All ready answered that.. depends on your play style.. PD let you set the difficulty with the choice of car.
If you intend to over power the cars and blitz your way though B-spec.
You only need 2 drivers...

OK.
Fair means matching the car to the event and keeping the spec even or lower than the AI,
Over powering is not playing fair.
Over powering = Like using the formula GT in a road car event.

"Playing Fair" is kinda like putting your pants on the "right way." Seems like more morality than is really called for.

Last edited:
Back