How many credits would you spend to buy/tune a car next week ?

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 24 comments

What the thread says ^

• none, I'm playing Arcade Mode only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none, I have no cash available

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • up to 100,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • from 100,000 to 500,000

• from 500,000 to 1,000,000

• no limit if the combo is appealling

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • no limit, I'm a GT Mode zillionaire

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec
There is a thread to post your wishes and suggestions : all the combos you would like to see in the WRS. However, this is a neverending thread and it doesn't reflect racers opinion at a given moment.
So I'll post polls from time to time when I want to know what you think about a certain topic.
My first question concerns GT Mode. We played a lot in Arcade Mode over the past weeks, and I was wondering if this reflects the racers wishes or if some of you would like more GT Mode racing.

Good idea, I'll go first.:) More Arcade Mode Miata races please. That last jerk that ran WRS only had one.:grumpy:

I'm a Zillionare.

However I would like to see some Mix 'N Maching going on.

Had lots of fun in GT3, with certain budgets and certain pwr to tune to 👍

could be a good idea 👍

yes, more gtmode... one of the basic things of the GT series is tuning... don´t know why they left this a bit behind in the 4 game of the series... but ever since 98 when GT1 came out, it was all about tuning, setting up the car... i think that´s awesome and all car enthusiasts should like...

👍 for more gt mode, brings up more skills to be sucessfull, great point made there flat-out (would you also call yourself by FO or something like it?)

well, bring on week 30... with some tuning please 👍

fasj6418
... flat-out (would you also call yourself by FO or something like it?)
I'd rather have people using my real name : Cyril.
But flat-out, flat or FO are also OK.

Edit : week 30 is already posted, and it's Arcade.
Week 31 might be a GT Mode race depending on the poll results.

Well, having a max drive and an uber-save makes it very easy for the WRS.

I like the idea of GT Mode tuning races, but the setup system in GT4 is completely crazy. Half the time you don't know whether a setup change is going to do what you think.

Also, tuning race weeks tend to take up a bit more time (obviously, due to the testing involved) which can make it difficult for people who don't have much time to race each week.

But at some point we need to become as expert at tuning in GT4 as people were in GT3. It's a very important facet of racing, so perhaps a greater emphasis on GT mode tuning over the coming weeks would be a good idea.

No limit if the combo is appealing. I have enough money saved to get the black 787B, R390 and co. which is approaching on day 695 I believe. I'm currently at about day 670. So yea, if the combo seems good, I'll gladly spend :dopey:

I have access to a game save, but I'd rather use my own game save, and I don't have that much money right now... Something below $100 total spend would be cool, or something a little higher, but not too high. And actually, something with a price, or hp limit would be awesome, and I know we'd be switching around cars to find the fast one, but it's all good. Maybe a horsepower limit? 300hp? Something that we can run around in a modded Volvo 240GLT... I could definitely get Pat(Tuff240) to stick his head in here if we are allowed to run that car. Now if only we could make it somewhat competetive, it has about 280hp and an exageration of 15xxkg when fully modded FWIW...

CHA-CHING BABY! ZIllionaire! LOL

jump_ace

No limit. I've got the ubersave on an OLR mem card.

Definitely would like to see more GT mode races, multilappers, pit and tire strategies, etc.
Sometimes it would even be nice to have a difficult event stretched over a 2 week period of time. There are times when I really want to do a race, but time is so limited, that I end up throwing something together on Sunday night to submit, or just don't submit at all. :indiff:

seeing as how b-spec billy can knock off the DTM for ~1mil in < 15min... its not like money is a problem.

As many as it takes if it tickles my fancy ;). Awesome to see some GT Mode races, we've been somewhat lacking in that area.

Machts nicht. I have the übersave but I like the variety. I only got the übersave because I wiped my card out. Oops!!

BTW, I like your name Cyril.

Well, speaking for myself alone, but still attempting to represent the non-uber-save runners...

Since I run on my own game account and not a super-save, I find that my limit to spending is based purely on the value of the car after the week is over.

For example, if you ask me to buy a car I already have in fully modified form and in the week's race you want it at stock weight, I would probably avoid the race.
Spending all that cash over again so I could use a stock car instead of my weight reduced version would be sorta annoying.

Also, for cars I might not have (although I can't think of any since I have all of the good street cars in GT mode) it would be a matter of whether I wanted that car as an addition to my garage.
If you didn't have the DB9 in GT mode and you asked me to buy it for the week, even with the hefty price, I would do it because the car is worth having in the home garage.

However, if you asked me to spend 100,000 on a '98 SL500... :indiff:
I would probably save my money since the car isn't really that great (especially compared to its slightly more expensive new generation counter-part).

Now, the kicker in all of this is the price itself.
If you asked us to buy a car for 40,000 I would have very little trouble doing so because the money for fully tuning it and buying it would be easy to win in just a few races.

My bottom line:
On a car I didn't like the max I would spend is about 100,000Cr (after tuning, not including tires).
On a car I like there is just about no limit to what I would spend.

Oh and btw, I don't have any racecars in my home garage so that's probably a major problem in this for me. :lol:
Coming up with the money for a street car is usually easy, getting the money for a racecar. :(

What, the cheapest racecar is probably 300,000 or something?

But that reminds me of a suggestions box post I've gotta make. :D

Anyway, hope that gives you an idea of where I'm coming from (as well as where many of us "original save" gamers come from). :sly:

The current results of the poll seem to show that many of us are expecting GT Mode races, so I'm planning to post one for week 32.
However, as Kent explains better that I would have possibly done, a GT Mode race should not result in stupid situations.
Like having to buy a second car because the one in the garage had a full weight reduction and the race specifies 'no weight reduction'.

To avoid this, I'll make sure that all irreversible modifications are included in the allowed parts list, namely :
  • weight reductions
  • port polish
  • engine balancing
  • displacement (when applicable)

As for the übersave, I'm still surprised by the proportion of regular racers who don't have a second memcard with all cars and unlimited cash for OLR events.
That spare memcard and a replay device are IMO part of the OLR racer basic gear. Their cost is so small compared to a wheel or a large TV screen.

flat-out
As for the übersave, I'm still surprised by the proportion of regular racers who don't have a second memcard with all cars and unlimited cash for OLR events.
That spare memcard and a replay device are IMO part of the OLR racer basic gear. Their cost is so small compared to a wheel or a large TV screen.

Thanks F.O. :bowdown:

Now regarding the ubersave, you are right. 👍
That's pretty much standard gear for the serious OLR racer. There are so many advantages to having a game save transfer device and a second memory card that I couldn't have done what I've managed in the past without one.

As for GT4 though...
I keep a back up uber on my PC but never use it since I have every last car worth owning unlocked in arcade mode (racecars), then in gt mode I have a ton of street cars (also pretty much everyone worth owning).

Problem is... I keep backing up my personal save on my second card so the ubersave never makes it off of my pc for long. Instead I just download it when I need it, if I need it (only time I've needed it was the JGTC NSX race in gt mode).

Anyway, thanks for taking note of all our suggestions.
I am sure people will love the races you have in store for use. :cheers:

flat-out
  • weight reductions
  • port polish
  • engine balancing
  • displacement (when applicable)
Don't forget chassis stiffening... Yet, some people decide not to do that ever anyway I think.

KLR142
Don't forget chassis stiffening... Yet, some people decide not to do that ever anyway I think.
That cannot be checked in a replay anyway, so there is no reason to forbid it.

Im a zillionaire.

What i think, is when we do do a GT mode race, there should be a fixed car set up, like a set up that cause something you dont want, oversteer, understeer, drifts, exccessive downforce, whatever it may be, add something different to the challenge.

Maybe an edurance race as well one week? like a 2 hour + race* or something on a track that doesnt have an endurance race within the game, e.g. Deep forest or trial mountain or soemthing.

:D

*obviously done in the form of a high amount of laps, obviously everyone will finish a 2 hour race in 2 hours so like 70 laps or seomthing:D

Fixed Set-Up is not a bad idea.

Usually what happens is everybody waits until one of the fast guys posts their set-up, then everybody just uses that. So maybe if we has a race where Set-Ups are not allowed to be posted or given away.

I really can't see us doing a really long race though, personally I don't like anything over 1 lap, but the longest I can remember was 10 laps, and not many people liked that. So I really can't see 70 laps happening anytime soon.

How much I'd spend....maybe 2,000,000. Depends what is was, if it was the Audi R8, I'd consider getting 4,500,000 because I'd no doubt use it again for some championships/endro's.

Fixed setup and multilapper things belong to the suggestion thread, or else they'll be forgotten with this poll when it is closed.
However, we have to keep in mind (well, at least I have to keep in mind) that if we need to make sure that all rules have be fulfilled we can only do it by checking the replay provided by the driver.
So there's no point in restricting/forbidding things that can't be checked.
Like the fixed settings (better use Arcade Mode for that purpose), or weight reduction (uncheckable both in Arcade and GT Mode)...

As for endurance races, it just doesn't fit into a weekly series : how can you race a 2 hours enduro, check if all 70 laps are clean, run it again if some weren't, etc. Until you finally have a 100% clean save ?
And then I would be the one who would have to watch half a dozen replays (12 hours) to make sure there were clean :crazy:
You'd better start a Yearly Race Series to post such combos :lol:
Not that it is a bad idea, it just doesn't fit. I remember having posted in February a permanent event (no deadline) that used GT3 Grand Valley Enduro (2 hours) with a fully modded Mini Cooper '98 : 62 laps, 4 or 5 pit stops... A few people raced it before GT4 was released and that was a fun experience.

Since a big majority of people who have voted are ready to run GT Mode races, so :

I plan a GT Mode event for week 32
(starting november 15th).​

Car + parts will cost about 220,000 Cr, and many of you will already own the car.

To those who are running low on cash I'll remind the best ways to make easy money :

250,000 in 10 minutes
In Special Conditions, win the 'Costa di Amalfi' easy race and sell the prize Toyota RSC Rally Car.

900,000 in 40 minutes
In European Events, win the DTM Championship (a slightly modded Opel Astra will do fine) and sell the prize AMG Race Car

Back