How many miles until the "Like" option appears?

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
I have downloaded quite a few GTPlanet member designs along with friends and family. Usually I just go into the paint section and individually "like" those paint jobs I downloaded. However, there are some I have been driving and waiting for the option to pop up. But it hasn't yet.

Does anyone know how many laps I would have to drive or how many times we have to use a design for that option to pop up on its own? @DDastardly00 and I had this conversation a few days ago and I have not found the answer yet. Or maybe the design has to be used online for a certain amount of time? Not sure if it matters if it is used in the campaign or online.

UPDATE:
10/8/15

Current races with @DDastardly00 BRZ paint job.
1. Short rivals event 2 laps
2. Short rivals event 2 laps
3. Short rivals event 2 laps
4. Short rivals event 2 laps
No message yet.

Last edited:
It took 3 races for the Tune that I grabbed for a 69 Camaro. I got the like option then, I'm sure how many miles it was but they were short tracks, probably about 3 laps each race. But that was a Tune not a Paint Job, I wonder if there is a difference between the two in terms of how long it takes before you get the like option.

I think it may be tied to uses rather than miles. Seems like the ones I have had the like option pop up on it was after using it about 3 times and did not seem to matter if those 3 times were short races or long races. Could have been more than 3 of course. I wasn't paying that much attention but it definitely seemed to be more the number of races than distance traveled

I ran the an experiment last night. I grabbed @DDastardly00 design and took it to rivals mode. I ran 4 different events at least 2 laps each. I think I must have somehow turned this option off in the beginning of the game when it asked "do not show me this message again". I will keep running this specific design but I have a feeling I might not ever see the message again. Unless it doesn't work in rivals events. Maybe I need to use it online or somehow in the campaign? Still seems to me it is something to do with miles driven.

Does anyone know how to turn the notifications back on again?

If all else fails I can just go to the paint section, "my designs", and click "like" on each one. Bit clunky but oh well.

Last edited:
Well I ran the Honda S2000 in the first few career races and it asked me there if I liked it, I think I ran no more than 45 or so races with it. Other cars I have ran in just rivals mode and have had the same prompt on those as well.
I do not think I have ever gotten the prompt after just 1 race/session no matter how many miles I had driven in it.

Of course I could be wrong as I have not paid a lot of attention and lately I have not been using downloaded paints on my cars much.

I am going to start keeping track. So far with his BRZ design I have raced:

10/8/15
Current races with his BRZ paint job.
1. Short rivals event 2 laps
2. Short rivals event 2 laps
3. Short rivals event 2 laps
4. Short rivals event 2 laps

I will add this to the first post and try to keep track of estimated miles and amount of races.
Still wish I knew if there was a way to turn that message back on in case I turned it off.

CAMAROBOY69, I'm guessing here but I don't think you can disable the 'like' feature by checking the "do not show me this message again" option. Selecting that should just disable the message from appearing again.

I ran a few races in rivals mode and the prompt came up after the 6th race. Later I will try some shorter races or longer ones to determine if it is the number or distance but I am pretty sure it is the number of uses that is the key there.

CAMAROBOY69, I'm guessing here but I don't think you can disable the 'like' feature by checking the "do not show me this message again" option. Selecting that should just disable the message from appearing again.
Ok hopefully that is correct. But my concern is this means I will not be able to like a paint job unless I go directly to the paint jobs and click like in there. This also means it could be happening to other people as well. Not many people at all know to go into the paint directly to like other players paint jobs.

I ran a few races in rivals mode and the prompt came up after the 6th race. Later I will try some shorter races or longer ones to determine if it is the number or distance but I am pretty sure it is the number of uses that is the key there.
Nice looks like we are onto something. So in theory maybe 2 more races in rivals with DD's paint job and it should trigger the message for me to like it.

Otherwise I will just keep going into the paint editor to like them.

Last edited:
Well I just tried another test where I put a new paint on a car and ran a few very very short stints in Rivals mode. 1 lap each around a short track. I started to get bored so I lost count along the way but am sure I did it at least 6 times and no like option appeared so...

Well I just tried another test where I put a new paint on a car and ran a few very very short stints in Rivals mode. 1 lap each around a short track. I started to get bored so I lost count along the way but am sure I did it at least 6 times and no like option appeared so...

Camaro and I were in a Xbox Live party last night and he was testing the 6 race theory in Rivals. He received the Like option at the end of the 6th race, so your theory looks right.

Back