how many peeople have lost the game save on the hard drive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HFD1 Tuner
  • 20 comments
  • 1,632 views
Messages
49
This is the second time the data has been lost after shutting down the PS3 (Slim) turn it back on and it starts at day 1 no cars and 20k credits it has happened with level 40 on b spec and level 40 on a spec over 1500 game days both times....this last time I had a current back up less a few cars...I am missing 7 std.cars had it down to 4... It is not overheating I have a manual fan speed knob and it sits on 2 inch spacers plenty of air blowing around.
 
It's Happened to me. Had the foresight to save a copy in my usb, so I didn't lose much. You should do the same
 
Me, before the patch who alow to back up the savegame, start from 0 again lol
 
happened to me too,my ps3 went to RLOD after i had it a week....:ouch: lost all my GT data....had to start again....:grumpy:
 
If I was to back up my saves how many gig would I need?
I am level 37 A. And 34 B I have 400 cars and 700 paints if this helps!
 
Me due to a thunderstorm that shut off my PS3.

Oh well, gave me more excuses to keep playing.
 
If I was to back up my saves how many gig would I need?
I am level 37 A. And 34 B I have 400 cars and 700 paints if this helps!

THe save game file isn't that big, it's the game data and patches that takes a ridiculous amount of HD space.
 
I lost my save file because GT5 corrupted it during a save.

Started all over again about 3 weeks ago and I'm already a 38 A spec. Gotta love the seasonals.

The good thing is that you don't lose any trophies.
 
PD should have invested more money in tackling this problem. For a game which is the WoW of racing games losing your game progress is a disaster.
 
@OP: if you where lvl 40/40 & you haven't bother about doing a backup the whole time (it's done in less than one minute!) & you obviously have shut down your PS3 during a save process (kills your save game), then I really have to say, you deserve it. :dunce:

Next time don't create a thread, cry for your mama: :lol:

kid-crying.jpg


Or do the following:

 
It happened to me a few months ago even though I back up my save game after every session. The problem is that I backed up a corrupted file without knowing it. Then, when I reloaded GT5 the next day, I got a message that the save file (on the hard drive) was corrupted, and that I had to start all over again. I then tried to use my save game on my USB stick, but it had the same corrupted file that I had backed up the day before...
 
It happened to me a few months ago even though I back up my save game after every session. The problem is that I backed up a corrupted file without knowing it. Then, when I reloaded GT5 the next day, I got a message that the save file (on the hard drive) was corrupted, and that I had to start all over again. Then I tried to use my save game on my USB stick, but it had the same corrupted file that I had backed up the day before...

Never thought about plug in your USB stick to your PC & backup your save game there? :confused:

I've till now 30+ backups of my GT5 gamesave on PC, all sorted by date. Plus a backup of my PC on a external USB HDD. 👍

Corrupt game save, come & get me, haha. :D
 
I had corrupt save game data, about a month after launch. Luckily I was only like LVL 21, and it only took a few days to get back to where I was.

Now I back up every night to usb and to my phone...aint happening again!
 
Never thought about plug in your USB stick to your PC & backup your save game there? :confused:

I've till now 30+ backups of my GT5 gamesave on PC, all sorted by date. Plus a backup of my PC on a external USB HDD. 👍

Corrupt game save, come & get me, haha. :D

I do the same as you ZeGermanBastorD
 
Never thought about plug in your USB stick to your PC & backup your save game there? :confused:

[/I]:D

To be honest with you I thought about it after I lost my save game, but instead of that I now run on 2 usb sticks : one of them gets my game save once a week and the other one gets it after every session. They NEVER hold the same game save :)
 
Last edited:
I had corrupt save game data, about a month after launch. Luckily I was only like LVL 21, and it only took a few days to get back to where I was.

Now I back up every night to usb and to my phone...aint happening again!

Delta -- How do you back up to your phone?
 
It often takes a full 15 MINUTES for me to exit out of online lobbies. It just hangs and hangs like a tireless monkey. If I don't wait, then I'll get a corrupted save and I'll have to revert to the backup.
 
Happened to me a few weeks ago, I did have a backup from earlier in the day but the biggest problem was most of the thumbnails for my cars had gone (I had over 1600 cars at the time I think), and I had to rebuild them all manually. Took a stupid amount of time. The save corrupted through no fault of mine, I was grinding B-Spec (entering & exiting to refresh the UCD) and the game just went a bit funny, would not take me back to the screen I needed to be in so I force-quit the game and BAM!!!!

:)
 
Delta -- How do you back up to your phone?

It plugs in via USB, from there it's pretty simple...just walk through the process
 
@OP: if you where lvl 40/40 & you haven't bother about doing a backup the whole time (it's done in less than one minute!) & you obviously have shut down your PS3 during a save process (kills your save game), then I really have to say, you deserve it. :dunce:

Next time don't create a thread, cry for your mama: :lol:

kid-crying.jpg


Or do the following:



WOW IS ALL i GOT..HALF OF ALL THE REPLYS ON THE FORUM COULD BE JUST bs BY YOUR HIGH STANDARD....and no I did not shut it down during a save and yes I back-up after the first crash lesson learned...for the record it is not super clear you will not be able to reload the game files from signing in...after all it keeps your trophies but not everything else that seems real cheap to me...yes everyone should read the manual cover to cover before playing any game.... I cloud save too and keep a copy on pc so easy on the comments from the peanut gallery:)
 
Happened to me last Sunday :( I was at level 30 A-spec, all licences except for S-license. Oh well, stuff happens. If anyone wants to add me on PSN, my i.d. is spencer0812.
 
Back