How many play with one of these?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ViXeN
  • 13 comments
  • 1,050 views
Yeah, South African Rands... R6.7 to $1.
 
They are $300 at Fryes here in texas, they had 4 in stock in plano last weekend when I was there. Seem like would be awesome to play in.
 
I can't wait for prices to become reasonable... not having a setup like that is the only reason why I don't buy a wheel. I tried attaching a friend's wheel to a table, but even though it drove incredibly well I couldn't stand the uncomfortable position.
 
logitech DPF
Price: R 1,299.99
Please note: This price is exclusive to the Look and Listen Online Store!

You think!!!?? no kidding sherlock. Og course it's exclusive............1299.99 is 194 US dollars.........and that's before shipping.
It's exclusive because EVERYONE SELLS IT FOR 149 US! ( or R 1005 )

You gotta love the idiot companies out there!

With all that being said.
Did anyone notice the shipping costs.....super low. R 29 That's just under 5 US dollars to ship a DFP!
Unfortunately, the extra 45 dollar cost on top of the 5 dollar shipping means you are still spenfing 200 US dollars to get a DFP when you can just go down to your local EB/Gamestop/other gaming store and get one for 149.
 
Mine's cost me only around US$260.00, DFP included...
And it seems a lot more solid than the one you started the thread with!

The steering wheel is from the seventies (aluminium and wood). It has the same diameter than my Miata steering wheel...

My girlfriend enjoys the fact this is nicer and not as big as the first cockpit I did!

It took me around 8 hours of cutting and welding tubes together...

Click on the thumbnails and then click TWICE on the pictures to have them more bigger.





The shifter "H" includes down gear, up gear, reverse and handbrake. Very efficient and quick!



I kept the original logitech steering wheel (and shifter) that I can easily put back with only 4 screws to remove!

That is a GREAT SETUP! Even more realistic! :) :dopey: :crazy:
 
Nice cockpit nurburgring. I can see by the black marks on the side of the shift gate that you must get some good milage out of it, well done. I think I'm capable of creating a similar cockpit, but the electronics that you've got set up would be my downfall. Not too good at that stuff eh. :grumpy: Have you written up a set of instructions so other people can have an attempt? Outlining how you've set up that controller underneath it would be good. :)

Once again, well done. :bowdown:
 
ferrari_chris
Nice cockpit nurburgring. I can see by the black marks on the side of the shift gate that you must get some good milage out of it, well done. I think I'm capable of creating a similar cockpit, but the electronics that you've got set up would be my downfall. Not too good at that stuff eh. :grumpy: Have you written up a set of instructions so other people can have an attempt? Outlining how you've set up that controller underneath it would be good. :)

Once again, well done. :bowdown:

It is more simple than you think! :)
My english is not perfect, so let me find somebody who will translate my explanation and I will come back!
 
lol, your english is better than most of the UK and American members here!
 
It would be nice to have the seat and stuff
I got the DFP and i think i would have just as fun on a regular chair but i can amagine how much better it would be to have one of those.
 
wow this is one of my favorite cockpits i've seen.. this is the direction i would go if i were to make one... i haope i can soon.
 
Back