How many times does the game tolerate corner cutting?PC 

Canada
In his bedroom.
I know this sounds like a weird question, but in case I'm just racing a long, long endurance race, I don't wanna end up being disqualified because I accidentally didn't brake well after I did more than half of the race.

Happened one time on the Le Mans 24 Hours which I turned into a 2 Hours race because I would never run that long without a save option, and it said "Slight Cut, Lap invalidated".

Does it depend on the realism setting? I play on full arcade with restarts, no flags, no damage but that's because I'm learning the game and first play through is a tourist mode run: Heck... opponents are at 0 out of 100 difficulty. (Please don't make fun of me, I'm just an amateur in terms of skill.)

Is it like in Need For Speed Shift where after 3 you get a final warning or am I safe in case I screw up in super-easy mode?

Thanks. Again, I know it's a weird set of questions... I would be freaked out if I overshot too much corners from unfair points and then "Too many corners cut - Disqualified" appeared in my screen.

I'm no professional at all.

It would take a serious sad sack to make fun of someone for being a beginner. We all started somewhere mate.

I reckon since you have the realism options off it should just let you get away with it. I could be wrong, but it would seem odd to me if it penalised you in such circumstances.

For the record, I was given a penalty in karts for corner cutting after about 5 times. It was my only time getting this penalty, and it annoyed the hell outta me because I didn't cut anything, it was one of the corners people are talking about in the official forums where you get a corner cut warning nowhere near the track limits. I learned to avoid it by running out really wide on the apex of that one corner as a workaround.

I'd suggest trying it out in a quick race. just purposely cut every corner for a whole lap, and if you don't get a penalty, I don't reckon you ever will :)

Hope you enjoy the game mate! Don't worry about being a beginner, you'll be battling with 100% AI in no time, it all comes down to practice 👍

It would take a serious sad sack to make fun of someone for being a beginner. We all started somewhere mate.

I reckon since you have the realism options off it should just let you get away with it. I could be wrong, but it would seem odd to me if it penalised you in such circumstances.

For the record, I was given a penalty in karts for corner cutting after about 5 times. It was my only time getting this penalty, and it annoyed the hell outta me because I didn't cut anything, it was one of the corners people are talking about in the official forums where you get a corner cut warning nowhere near the track limits. I learned to avoid it by running out really wide on the apex of that one corner as a workaround.

I'd suggest trying it out in a quick race. just purposely cut every corner for a whole lap, and if you don't get a penalty, I don't reckon you ever will :)

Hope you enjoy the game mate! Don't worry about being a beginner, you'll be battling with 100% AI in no time, it all comes down to practice 👍

Thanks!! I just ended up checking it out: I cut 6 corners and nothing happened except: "Lap Time Invalidated" and "Current and next lap times invalidated" because of the super easy mode.

What happens if you cut with full realism? I'm guessing they take points off your championship standings and they slow you down and they end up ejecting you if you do it too much?

Thanks again!! ^^

It happened to me when I was in karts on my first attempt at career (game crashed when accessing save data while I was in third season of career and corrupted my data, so I had to start over), so I don't know if I'm remembering right, but I believe I was actually disqualified after the 5 or so warnings.
I got a corner cut warning on that bugged corner every lap, and didn't think anything of it as it hadn't penalised me for it, and I was destroying the AI, quite enjoying myself, and then BAM! Black flag.

While there was no penalty or removing championship points, I lost all the points I would have gotten for winning that race had I not been black flagged lol.

Also, you're welcome, and again, hope you enjoy the game as much as I am :)

I thought they would have introduced a drive-thru' penalty or something, not a sudden black flag...

I've only started my career and am on karts, and when I cut corners, it will say 'lap time invalidated'. So no real penalty, just won't count to get the fastest lap. Hopefully there'll be better penalties for the more important series.

Back