How much longer until PD stops giving us new Seasonals?

• Thread starter 20B_4ME
  • 4 comments
TWNTYB_4ME
F Caris
With GT6 coming out later in 2013, I wonder how much longer until PD stops giving us new Seasonal events? I tryed searching for this information online but came up empty handed. I guess for PD it makes sense to stop Seasonal events releases around E3 to help make people want GT6 even more and play it's downloadable demo in July instead of going back to GT5. But us players need something more to keep us going until GT6 comes out in 6 months time.

I don't see why they would stop giving us "new" seasonals. These days most of the seasonals are just old ones that are being reused ( with SRF enabled for the races ). It's not like they , probably, spend a whole lot of time coming up with new ideas.
They'll just keep on releasing seasonals until there are more people playing GT6 than there are people playing GT5. At least that's what I think ;-)

I would expect them to wind down support for GT5 in order to pressure gamers to get out and buy GT6.

With the release date for GT 5 (and if my memory serves me well enough GT 4) delayed so much i wouldn't expect to see GT 6 until 2014 myself. Which would mean that GT 5 will still be alive and kicking well into 2014. I
could be wrong though, i usually am!

GT6 was much easier to make then GT5. GT5 had to be built from the ground up for the then new PS3 system. GT6 is built upon GT5 knowledge and hence has taken much less to develop. When GT5 was launched in 2010, PD was already working on GT6, so they've had plenty of time to develop and test GT6. They would have to find something majorly wrong with GT6 to delay it's release :)

Back