How much money to add replica decals to car?

• Thread starter R55NA
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
DarkStryderLupo
DarkStryder360
So I have always wanted to do a Replica BTCC road car. I don't care about it being distasteful, chavvy, cringe... I just think they're neat

image_2023-09-22_123234814.png

I always see some liveried up cars that a group has done for a stag do, or a drive through Europe, etc! But am I seeing their £500/1000 cars, with potentially, a £1000/2000 livery/wrap on them?

Surely not??

How inexpensive can it be? I have a low mile, blue, Mk2 1999 Ford Mondeo 2.0L Ghia that I ready to ruin transform into a Rapid Fit Replica, but the pricing is putting me off

image_2023-09-22_122929404.png

image_2023-09-22_123048130.png

image_2023-09-22_123011318.png

Attachments

• image_2023-09-22_123209956.png
    image_2023-09-22_123209956.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 6
A full wrap can easily be £2k, yes.

You wait until you hear what insurance companies think about them.

How inexpensive can it be? I have a low mile, blue, Mk2 1999 Ford Mondeo 2.0L Ghia that I ready to ruin transform into a Rapid Fit Replica, but the pricing is putting me off
Is it the right blue for the Rapid-Fit livery?

You could do it in stages, the biggest job is always likely to be changing the base colour of the car, or if that's already acceptable, you've still got to make the front end yellow. Beyond that, you need to get together the art work and Hi-Res images for anything to be digitally printed on Vinyl, and ideally vectors (SVG's for GT would likely be ideal for this) for anything that can be cut out using sign vinyl. If you can get these made by your local sign writers (or online services), it would enable you to do it over a period instead of all upfront outlay... then you could have all the 'fun' of applying them to the car yourself.

It'd be time consuming, but if you're looking to drastically cut the price, it's the only way I can think of. I do some vinyl cutting myself, but I'm not an expert.

I have a low mile, blue, Mk2 1999 Ford Mondeo 2.0L Ghia that I ready to ruin transform into a Rapid Fit Replica, but the pricing is putting me off
Funny you mention it as i passed one such replica just outside Pickering in N'Yorks just the other week:

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 1.17.30 pm.png

Funny you mention it as i passed one such replica just outside Pickering in N'Yorks just the other week:

View attachment 1294949
That is so sick :D I love it. What did it say on the sign?

I actually don't mind that clean Rapid Fit on a stock Mondeo too.
Is it the right blue for the Rapid-Fit livery?

You could do it in stages, the biggest job is always likely to be changing the base colour of the car, or if that's already acceptable, you've still got to make the front end yellow. Beyond that, you need to get together the art work and Hi-Res images for anything to be digitally printed on Vinyl, and ideally vectors (SVG's for GT would likely be ideal for this) for anything that can be cut out using sign vinyl. If you can get these made by your local sign writers (or online services), it would enable you to do it over a period instead of all upfront outlay... then you could have all the 'fun' of applying them to the car yourself.

It'd be time consuming, but if you're looking to drastically cut the price, it's the only way I can think of. I do some vinyl cutting myself, but I'm not an expert.

There is this website that sells the "vinyl" for a low price, but of course the fitting is the big one. They sell it with 2 options, full, with the blue, or with just the yellow section:

I have this colour Ghia, its not perfect, but its close-ish:

image_2023-10-13_141904172.png

Last edited:
Back