How ro make a Transparant decal GT sport

• Thread starter Lunakian
  • 9 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I've been trying to make a Transparant decal for the last couple of days. It has tot be a black square with the letters and numbers cut out.
I use a car with special Paint (Matt fluorescent) which i made made black with black decals. But i want want to put on the decal mentioned above so the name and racing number will also have the basic colour (Matt fluorescent).
Does anybody know how to make these kind of decals?

Appreciate tour help
Regards
Mart

Hi,

This is pretty easy.
First you make a square. then you put the text or numbers in that square.
Select both paths, then in the "path tab" you click difference.

Enjoy.

p78
Hi,

This is pretty easy.
Select both paths, then in the "path tab" you click difference.

Enjoy.
Hi, thanks for your help.
It does not work with the text like my name. But when i do it with a square and a cirkel it does work.
When i select the whole text --> path to object IT does not work either. The program does not see the text as An object i presume.

Regards
Mart

Hi, thanks for your help.
It does not work with the text like my name. But when i do it with a square and a cirkel it does work.
When i select the whole text --> path to object IT does not work either. The program does not see the text as An object i presume.

Regards
Mart

Try to "path to object" your text.
Then combine the objects. You ll get one path with all your letters.
You could now select your paths and do the difference in the path tab.

It should works this way.

But when you click difference to you still need to do path to object? It should work without it. or am i wrong.

Haven't tried it in GT Sport. hopefully this works @Lunakian

Attachments

• lunakian.svg
    1.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Unfortunately it doesn't work. I' ve already tried to select the whole text and then use path to object. Like a said, it works with, for example, two squares. But not with the text. Also tried to select the text first and then the square and the other way round.
Beats me

Thanks anyway die all tour help
Regards
Mart

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I' ve already tried to select the whole text and then use path to object. Like a said, it works with, for example, two squares. But not with the text. Also tried to select the text first and then the square and the other way round.
Beats me

Thanks anyway die all tour help
Regards
Mart
I have just tried right now.
Indeed, you don't need to "object to path".

Just do as @p78 said.
Select both paths, then in the "path tab" you click difference

Note : The text needs to be above the square.

Back