How should i restart my game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CDailey
  • 15 comments
  • 888 views
Messages
13,813
United States
Alabama
Well, how should I restart my game? I started a new save this morning and i wanted to take a different approach this time. I was wondering if any of you awesome GT3 players could help me think of a new way of starting GT3. I read that one of the members was doing it using road cars only. I've also read the thread that Road Hazzard(i think) made about doing the perfect game.

So, any ides would be greatly appreciated:D


[EDIT] Oh, and ideas on what car to start with(according to the ideas i get about how to start the game)[/EDIT]
 
Start with the Miata (17,000cr). Add a R flywheel. Do the Sunday, Clubman, and sell the cars you win, get a turbo for the Miata. Do the roadster challenge and sell the car you win, buy a stage 1 lightening. Do the Turbo race and sell the car you win. Add R Muffler and chip. You have enough HP to beat the cars in the Turbo Cup In the Ameature league for 5,000 cr. If you still need more hp or other things win more money...
 
Thats not really what im getting at FP. What i was getting at was something like : Trying to beat the game in the fewest amount of days, Getting a 100% win ratio, beating the game with only 1 type of drivetrain(unless another type is needed;like for the EVO/Skyline or FF races) or something of that nature.
 
One of my pet projects was to see if I could do itand retain 100%. After a few runs, I realized that wasn't a noble goal. Spending the least amount of cash is a noble goal. using hte least amount of cars is another one. Have you thought about all golds in teh license tests?

Or attempting it with all US made cars?

There are numerous possiblities. How about "running faster than other times" I hate to pat my own back, but take a look at my compendium (link in sig) and see if you can beat the times I posted. I'm certain that with a bit of skill, you could easily do it.

Good luck and tell us what you come up with.

AO
 
Thanx Der Alta!

The only US cars is a good idea except for the quite numerous races that require Japanese or other differnt cars from different nations. I think i might try the fewest amount of cash and fewest amount of cars:) But ill see if someone else has any ideas.
 
Try getting a 100% win ration AND don't sell any prize cars!!! Now that would be hard because I sold most of my prize cars for money to obtain cars I NEEDED!!! But of course I now have every car.

So:
100% Win Ratio
Don't sell obtained cars (unless your garage becomes full).
 
go through the game without selling a single car and not re-racing for money :P


oh doh, just noticed guy above me said the same thing :P
 
Dont do like I did. I started with the Esperante. The beginning of the game was way too easy.
 
viper maniac, u started with an esperante??????
u cant get it from da licences so where did u get it?????
 
You get the esperante by getting the fastest times on all the set time trials. I re-started my game and did all the time trials barring the first one, so I didn't get the esperante at the start. For some odd reason I managed to be a second quicker than my previous Complex String (TT10) time and it only took me a couple of goes.
 
oh ok sorry for the comment, i think i must start completing the time trials, and it is true though that the game would be boring starting with it. I like to work my way up slowly to the top.
 
Yeah, thats why I did them in reverse order so I could get the hardest ones over with first. I just left out the first one so I can do it later and get the esperante.

I already have my starter car lined up, a white Trueno I can't wait to get into the simulation mode again, I just finished the arcade mode yesterday. :D
 
thats cool but i did it da other way round by completing the arcade mode first

then going into the simulation mode
 
No I did the Arcade mode first!!! :p
Then I did the Time trials in a backwards order, apart from the 1st one.

So now I'm going to start the Sim mode.

Although I have a 100% complete save on my other memory card, so I bought a new mem card just so I could restart gt3 without loosing my other save. :D
 
Originally posted by MistaY
No I did the Arcade mode first!!! :p
Then I did the Time trials in a backwards order, apart from the 1st one.

So now I'm going to start the Sim mode.

Although I have a 100% complete save on my other memory card, so I bought a new mem card just so I could restart gt3 without loosing my other save. :D


I wanted to do this but i have no money:(
 
Back