How stupid is the download times

  • Thread starter Thread starter GDogg
  • 15 comments
  • 1,472 views
Messages
1
Messages
GDowg
The download times are pathetic and need to be sorted and i know im not the only1
 
the download times for what exactly? ive had about 2000mbs from it...
 
The download times are pathetic and need to be sorted and i know im not the only1

Welcome to the forums :cheers:

Download times for what? Do you mean loading times when entering online lobbies/receiving delivered cars?
 
What a shock a thread created and the OP doesn't even post back.....
 
I love it when a new member's first post is a rant. :D
 
Last edited:
GDaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawg what download times?
 
What a shock a thread created and the OP doesn't even post back.....

What a shock the OP cannot even use English correctly, seeming to come from an English speaking nation....

''How stupid is are the download times.......''

Things in plural form generally warrant an 'are'.

Sorry to be a grammar Nazi but the English language seems to be collapsing because of this kind of attitude.

Anyway, on topic, if you live in the western world (read: modern world) there is no reason to complain about load times. Try living in the a**e end of the world before making a claim so outrageous!
 
Things were slow just after the PSN came back, but otherwise, I think the download times are fine.

He may have meant simply the loading times, as in tracks loading off the blu-ray.

If so, I agree it's pretty lame in many cases, though that too has gotten better as tracks cache on the HDD.

Anyway, if it makes you miserable, go find something else to do. All over the internet I see kids screaming and whining about how horrible things are, when in actuality, they are really amazing. A kid 30 years ago would cry with joy if he could play a game this realistic.

A few weeks ago, I saw a businessman on an airplane across the row from me, sipping an ice cold beer with a comfortable pillow behind his head. He used the in flight phone, which frankly I've never seen anyone try to use. He had to dial 2-3 times to get the connection to work and get in touch with whoever he was calling as we hurdled through the air at 600 mph over the freaking ocean, traveling halfway across the entire world.

And the first thing he said was "This sucks!". No, it really doesn't. We live in an amazing world where our video games make a serious effort to simulate photo realistic cars behaving approximately like real ones. We can download updates from japanese programmers and sometimes it takes a few seconds of patience to load it all.

We are extremely fortunate.
 
MM1000 didn't you post that same story a while ago? Totally agree though.

I think the OP means loading times within the game itself, which are inexplicably slow sometimes, particularly GT Auto and why oh why when we buy a car do we need the delivery anim, then the screen STILL goes blank whilst it saves?

Anyway so many threads have addressed this already. At least PD made the menus a little less clunky when exiting out of screens, adding parts etc. but only a little, and the whole UI is really really bizarre and out of date now.

I hope for GT6 they take a fresh approach to loading times and the UI, as it seems to be getting slower and more complex with each game :dunce:
 
*pause*

Oh... I don't know. *slowly* How stupid is they!?
 
MM1000 didn't you post that same story a while ago? Totally agree though.

Made a lasting impression. Really was an epiphany. We truly have it amazing, and often are acting like it's miserable. If GT 12 loads instantly and Matrix-like has me in the real car on track, someone will complain that the wrecks aren't painful enough.

I hope for GT6 they take a fresh approach to loading times and the UI, as it seems to be getting slower and more complex with each game :dunce:

It is baffling to me that menus take any time to load at all. They should be freaking simple. It's just a picture with icons. I guess there's a damn good reason why things are like this. I just prefer, as we hope for improvements, we acknowledge that it's a privilege for the most part. Games these days are largely huge accomplishments.

Loading times I understand. Blu rays in these PS3s can only be read at X megs per second, and the tracks and cars are detailed. I've got a huge, fast hard drive in my PS3, so I would love it if I could just install the complete uncompressed game to it, but that's an option for a minority of PS3 owners.
 
Too bad the justice of GTPlanet does not demand the banning of a loser such as this little one. Hehehehehe.
 
If he's talking about loading times he's right though. They are ridiculous. It does not help that the game is constantly saving too. I love the game but the loading times are a huge drag.
 
Loading times are bad, but we all already know that. I think this guy's going to be a one post wonder.
 
The screen load times are lengthy, but I don't think they are either stupid or smart. It's just software and doesn't actually have a brain.
 
Back