How to brake a bit better with ABS?

GTnForza4ever

(Banned)
Canada
Location? My Bedroom.
The title says it all, I'm so-so at ABS braking and horrible at non-ABS braking, is there a sort of setting or trick I could use to shorten my braking distance by at least a bit? I usually brake at 85% power with brakes set around 75-88% depending on the car and settings that I set with that and I bias the brake at 46% because it feels like I often get the best calculated settings.

Another question, are benchmarks always reliable (Maybe not I don't really know) or are they not?

Thanks so much guys.

Have you tried opening up your deadzones in the advanced controller setting menu for the triggers? That's the easiest thing that helped me out a bit. All outsides should be 100 and all insides 0.

I also used the same settings for every deadzone within that menu too, as having the full range of both triggers and joy sticks will only help in the long run.

I just want to emphasize the Dead Zone importance that ImaRobot posted. Those are the exact same settings that I use. I got a little ban a few months ago, and I started using my daughters account to race on. So I shared my tunes, and downloaded them with that account. Same cars, same tunes, everything should be good right? Not at all !

I forgot to adjust the deadzones on that account. The cars felt like crap. The brakes felt like crap. The handling of the cars felt all wrong. I went back to my account to double check, and everything was good. Then I remembered the deadzones. Logged onto the different account, set the deadzones, and the cars felt exactly like they should.

Deadzones are very important. If someone puts up a tune, and they use different deadzone settings than you do, the car is going to feel way different to you than it does to them.

Bite the bullet and just turn off ABS. You will struggle for a few weeks, but once you get used to it, you will be better off for doing it.

Remember this. If you are downloading someone's tune that is in the top 20 or 30 on the leader boards, most likely they tuned their car to drive without ABS. This means that when you drive it with ABS on, it isn't going to be the same.

The way I run my brakes, I NEVER pull the trigger all the way down. Under hard braking, I might get to half way down for a split second. You will be much faster when you are just "touching" the trigger rather than "pulling" the trigger.

Back