How to change from KW to HP?

Changing the Playstation language should help, I've bought my PS3 together with GT5 in Germany. On the System setup I chose English as preferred language. Installing GT5 allowed me to choose between English, Greek and Turkish as language and Miles/km (with bhp) as units. I would like to have kW as unit as that is what the German Auto-industry is switching to it. It's in SI units, most new car brochures only include PS/HP as a side note because people are still more used to it.

If your XMB is in German you´ll have kw.
Have you tried to change the XMB language to English ??
For me it´s the same so i´ll give above a shot today.

That'd be really frustrating, if I am the one who is going to do that ;)
Just think about that, having to convert KW to HP every time you use a car! :yuck:

I have to convert kilograms to pounds every time I want to know a car's weight. And yes, it gets annoying after a while.

Yeah. It's super annoying having the wrong (kw) units in game. You can't change it as long as you don't want to play everything you have in English. I don't get how the language is bound to the PlayStation hardware and not to the account. First i thought another account means an option to change language just there.

Very illogical to me.

Yeah. It's super annoying having the wrong (kw) units in game. You can't change it as long as you don't want to play everything you have in English. I don't get how the language is bound to the PlayStation hardware and not to the account. First i thought another account means an option to change language just there.

Very illogical to me.
Totally agree with you!

Back