How to change TCS on-the-fly with G25?

• Thread starter outtanames
  • 14 comments
Israel
Israel
I'm sorry if this has been asked already but hmm I couldn't find a thread with a proper answer. I tried remapping the button for the red knob that suppose to change TCS while racing but it cannot be mapped to any other button aside to whaever it is now. So, how do I get to use it? :)

Thanks!

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but hmm I couldn't find a thread with a proper answer. I tried remapping the button for the red knob that suppose to change TCS while racing but it cannot be mapped to any other button aside to whaever it is now. So, how do I get to use it? :)

Thanks!

Click on my name in my post.
In my album I have a picture you are looking for Feel free to print any of them you want.

hey guys, I noticed something quite ridiculous! I can't quit an online race!? wtf?! :[ I'm bound to stay in the game until the race is over? I mean, what if it's 10 laps. This is stupid.

It's really not stupid... And if you have to leave THAT badly you can just shut off the PS3.

I can understand your dedication but IMO you're wrong. The problem is that some online events aren't balanced at all. Some events allow you to select cars that hugely differ in power so once it goes in game you find that others took way more powerful cars than you thus you'll never keep up or have fun of actually racing with others, and THEN you can't retire the race and quit, and no, FFS I don't want to shut down my PS3 or having to restart the whole thing just because of that (btw, quitting the game via XMB stops my wheel from working until I shutdown). I'm sorry it's just stupid and doesn't make sense at all. I really hope PD doesn't plan to include this most annoying thing EVER in the final game.

Last edited:
I don't know what's up with the blinded attitude. Can't you see it's just wrong? What if you want to retire a race? You don't wanna play anymore but you still want to stay in-game. Mind you there shouldn't be any problem even if the host quit. In a game like Grid for example, if the host quits, it signs someone else as the host on-the-fly, without throwing everyone out of the session. I don't see why GT5 should be any different when it comes out.

I don't know what's up with the blinded attitude. Can't you see it's just wrong? What if you want to retire a race? You don't wanna play anymore but you still want to stay in-game. Mind you there shouldn't be any problem even if the host quit. In a game like Grid for example, if the host quits, it signs someone else as the host on-the-fly, without throwing everyone out of the session. I don't see why GT5 should be any different when it comes out.

What if you're mid-corner? A host change in a racing game is a ticket into the gravel.

Nah, it shouldn't happen. It doesn't happen in Grid. The game keeps on as usual and as far as I can see Grid is much more bandwidth intensive than GT since the damage is way more amplified (huge explosions and hundreds of particles flying off all over the place, GT is currently applying HALF of that if not less). Once again, I don't think it should pose a problem.

It's funny to see how some people can't accept the fact GT isn't perfect. There're issues, let's just hope most of 'em are eliminated in the final game.

Last edited:
Nah, it shouldn't happen. It doesn't happen in Grid. The game keeps on as usual and as far as I can see Grid is much more bandwidth intensive than GT since the damage is way more amplified (huge explosions and hundreds of particles flying off all over the place, GT is currently applying HALF of that if not less). Once again, I don't think it should pose a problem.

It's funny to see how some people can't accept the fact GT isn't perfect. There're issues, let's just hope most of 'em are eliminated in the final game.

Nobody is saying the game is perfect...

But it's more than slightly annoying when someone quits a race, so I quite like the setup. If your car is mismatched, run as hard as you can and see how close you can run anyway. At least, that's the way I think. Seems like those who feel the need to be able to instantly quit races are also the sort who like punting others, "instant" gratification or it's 🤬.

Heh, a Tuned Cappuccino can't keep up with a fleet of Ferraris, trying to keep up feels quite pointless I'm afraid. Anyway, yeah sometimes people instantly quit races but keeping them in the race might not be good either, especially if collisions are enabled (referring to punting, I hope PD doesn't intend to keep collisions enabled at all times -that will obviously ruin the game), but to be honest, whoever wants to quit will force quit eventually. However, I don't think people quitting is such of a matter. I reckon you'll have plenty of sessions with full grid so even if one or two players quit the race it's not that bad.

I don't see how this discussion could go on tbh, unfortunately we must wait and see. ;)

Last edited:
Heh, a Tuned Cappuccino can't keep up with a fleet of Ferraris, trying to keep up feels quite pointless I'm afraid.

Well no, but what about running something like a Hawkeye Impreza when the Kia STi is noticeably faster? Or an R34 against those two? Stuff that actually makes SOME sense for the class you're running in.

Back