How to choose refuel amount?

• Thread starter m76
  • 27 comments

m76

Hungary
Hungary
Sorry, if this has been answered before or seems like a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to refuel. I tried to do the 30 laps of tsukaba mission and after 20 laps I had to pit, but in the pit the only option available to me is "don't refuel" WTF? I pressed every button, pulled every lever on the wheel, but nothing.

I can choose tyres, although I don't understand why wet tyres aren't available on a wet race. The only choices are Sports Soft, medium and hard. So the purpose of the whole mission is broken, obviously you have to stay out since you can't fit wet tyres anyway. This doesn't stop the AI from pitting though, and becoming 3-5 sec faster a lap than me in the wet.

Last edited:
Do not press anything during that refueling phase. That's it. As soon as it has refueled whatever amount you wanted, then press 'stop refueling'.

Last edited:
Do not press anything during that refueling phase. That's it. As soon as it has refueled whatever amount you wanted, then press 'stop refueling'.
But I can't choose the amount either, how do I set the amount?

m76
You cannot choose the amount but there is a dot indicator (not really a dot but a diamond shape i think) to indicate your reach to finish. You tap the "Don't Refuel" button once the refuel progress bar goes past the diamond indicator.

However, they were just an estimate, they never working accurate if you keep switching fuel mixture in the middle of race.

Last edited:
m76
The bar fills up as the fuel is going in, as soon as it has as much in as you want press don't refuel, say you want half a tank press it when the bar gets to half way.

It would make more sense if the wording changed from don't refuel to stop refueling after the first drop goes in but it's easy to figure out after the first time.

The bar fills up as the fuel is going in, as soon as it has as much in as you want press don't refuel, say you want half a tank press it when the bar gets to half way.

It would make more sense if the wording changed from don't refuel to stop refueling after the first drop goes in but it's easy to figure out after the first time.
Thanks I couldn't figure it out also

m76
I can choose tyres, although I don't understand why wet tyres aren't available on a wet race. The only choices are Sports Soft, medium and hard. So the purpose of the whole mission is broken, obviously you have to stay out since you can't fit wet tyres anyway. This doesn't stop the AI from pitting though, and becoming 3-5 sec faster a lap than me in the wet.
Also sports tyres have grooves in them allowing for a decent wet grip. No need to wet tyres are only needed for racing tyres which are slick.

Do you know if the diamond point is set on your actual Fuel Mapping when you enter the pit, or, at 1 Fuel Mapping?

It is set relating to you average consumption over the period of time from start until pitting.
I believe it is at your current fuel mapping.
Edit: Meythia's answer above sounds more accurate.
Thanks. Yes it makes sense, just taking into account the fuel consumption and not the fuel map setting. I guess sometimes it must be bugged because right now I did the Le Mans WTC700 and pitted in the last lap, like most of the AI, and the diamond was at full tank. which would be enough to do almost 3 laps.

Thanks. Yes it makes sense, just taking into account the fuel consumption and not the fuel map setting. I guess sometimes it must be bugged because right now I did the Le Mans WTC700 and pitted in the last lap, like most of the AI, and the diamond was at full tank. which would be enough to do almost 3 laps.
There is a timed-race exception to the diamond estimate. It's not sophisticated enough to estimate lap times and race time remaining.

Do you know if the diamond point is set on your actual Fuel Mapping when you enter the pit, or, at 1 Fuel Mapping?
I tried a human comedy race yesterday and I swear the estimate used to be more accurate before the last update. I always get a bit more fuel than I need because I'm paranoid of running out and have always finished with fuel left over. This time I was going to run out with over 2 laps left. I was on fuel map 1 the whole race.

I tried a human comedy race yesterday and I swear the estimate used to be more accurate before the last update. I always get a bit more fuel than I need because I'm paranoid of running out and have always finished with fuel left over. This time I was going to run out with over 2 laps left. I was on fuel map 1 the whole race.
Taking penalties has a negative impact on fuel, and running in slipstream does the same (if you use it to gain more speed). Other factors change vary throughout your driving, e.g worn tyres and careful driving will also somewhat vary the fuel calculations.
But if you are doing no change to fuel mapping and strictly stick to your speed, it is very point accurate.

m76
Sorry, if this has been answered before or seems like a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to refuel. I tried to do the 30 laps of tsukaba mission and after 20 laps I had to pit, but in the pit the only option available to me is "don't refuel" WTF? I pressed every button, pulled every lever on the wheel, but nothing.

Lol, seriously? Just wait for them to start refuelling and press stop when you've got enough 😂

Lol, seriously? Just wait for them to start refuelling and press stop when you've got enough 😂
How the hell was I supposed to know? Seriously. It is the least intuitive system possible, I couldn't make a stupider system if I tried.

I mean, most people figured it out after one or two attempts. Seems obvious that you wouldn't click 'do not refuel'? How many times did you click that before giving up lol
Everyone has problems, no need to ridicule. Having not played Sport, it took me a while to figure out the fuel mapping (and changing the HUD in general).

"Do no refuel" is just so badly worded. Makes it sound like it'll just cancel the whole process instead of, you know, "stop refuelling."

Or they could just give us a menu to choose tires and how much to refuel and let us fiddle with TCS, brake balance, fuel maps, rain forecast, etc. when we enter the pit lane instead of just watching the pit crew stand around for 30 seconds with no control.

Everyone has problems, no need to ridicule. Having not played Sport, it took me a while to figure out the fuel mapping (and changing the HUD in general).
But still it was easy to find out...

And once you figured it out how it works, it is easy to use and much more intuitive than any other option...the very last thing that I want to do, is to have to write or type in any letters, digts or any kind of text with the gamepad while I am in the pits...

I keep a calculator nearby, and work out what I need from the laps remaining (r), how many laps I've just done (d), and what fuel % I used to do those laps (f). Fill to just over r * f / d. There's time to do all that button pushing before you have to tell it to stop refuelling. I've done this since GTS, where on some tracks the game's estimate could be wrong by an entire lap.

I keep a calculator nearby, and work out what I need from the laps remaining (r), how many laps I've just done (d), and what fuel % I used to do those laps (f). Fill to just over r * f / d. There's time to do all that button pushing before you have to tell it to stop refuelling. I've done this since GTS, where on some tracks the game's estimate could be wrong by an entire lap.
There is also the issue now that if you cross the start/finish line before fueling, the diamond adjusts to one lap less since it calculates based on lap number at the time of fueling. This can lead to you putting in one lap less.

I just add until the I reach the number of laps left and then add a little more just in case. If I was fuel mapping the whole race, I might just fill up so I can run map 1 for a lap or two....

Taking penalties has a negative impact on fuel, and running in slipstream does the same (if you use it to gain more speed). Other factors change vary throughout your driving, e.g worn tyres and careful driving will also somewhat vary the fuel calculations.
But if you are doing no change to fuel mapping and strictly stick to your speed, it is very point accurate.
It's noticeably different than it was before with the same car same race and conditions. I understand the concepts of what might change fuel consumption.....

Last edited:
I mean, most people figured it out after one or two attempts. Seems obvious that you wouldn't click 'do not refuel'? How many times did you click that before giving up lol
I saw it once and lacking any other option I asked the question. As I wasn't about to waste my time on any longer race not knowing for sure. Maybe you plunge head first and hope for the best, I like to know that I'm not jumping into an empty pool.

Last edited:
m76
I saw it once and lacking any other option I asked the question. As I wasn't about to waste my time on any longer race not knowing for sure. Maybe you plunge head first and hope for the best, I like to know that I'm not jumping into an empty pool.

Sometimes reading the users manual can answer a lot of questions before they become a problem.

m76
Lol, I like to live dangerously. It's a video game, it's not going to hurt you. You have wasted much more time posting here than just starting a race and pitting on lap 1. Trial and error

Back