How to close headlights modules on Ferrari F40 '92 ?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Haiej, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Haiej

Haiej

Does anyone knows if it's possible, and how to do it ?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

The headlights module are closed:
    - on the dealership;
    - on the garage;
    - on the Demo animation of the car (with the text description on the bottom)

The other day I was on Practice -> Free Run on the Nürburgring Nordschleife track, it was mid-day with sunny weather, and I noticed that just before the begginning of the run, the headlights modules are closed (good) and then they automatically open (bad).

I checked the controller button configuration in the game´s Options, and then tried to close the headlights modules, but unfortunately only managed to toggle the lights on/off.

It hurts the car´s aerodynamics, and decreases speed.

Is it confirmed that the headlights modules on the Ferrari F40 '92 always remain open during races ?

Thanks

2. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

All cars have their headlights permanently on at the Nurburgring it seems. Try another track. I believe this is the 'rings real life mandate.

3. HyenaZERO

HyenaZERO

The headlights are up because, for whatever reason, the 'ring requires the usage of headlights (even in day time).

Try on a track that has no weather change options, like Grand Valley, and the lights should be down.

4. analog

analog

On the Nürburgring the lights on any car are always on, so the pop-up headlights on the F40, guess what, pop up and stay that way.
    I doubt the aerodynamic influence they surely have in real life plays a role in the game though.

5. marshy10156

marshy10156

They are only open on the NON-change weather/time version of the Nurburgring go to the change weather/time version and it will stay shut until about 7/8pm in-game

6. xEquinox

xEquinox

Don't they go down if you turn your brights off? I remember flipping them on and off just to watch the headlights go up and down on the Ring. Hit R1 to turn your brights off and see if they go down.

7. Haiej

Haiej

Thanks for the info, guys.

8. FullSpe3d98

FullSpe3d98

I doubt it actually decreases speed or aerodynamics. :crazy: