How to configure a GT DD Pro bundle for Playstation 4?

Italy
Italy
Albyponso98
Hi everyone!
As the title says, I am seriously considering purchasing a GT DD Pro for my PS4 (upgrading from my G29), but I am unsure about what I should put in the bundle from Fanatec website. Let's suppose I purchase the 8 Nm that is soldon the website (https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wh...smo-dd-pro-8-nm?number=GT_DD_RWP_PRO_BK180_EU), which accessories should I purchase? What is the purpose of CSL pedals kit? Do I need to buy them in addition to the CSL pedal load cell or are they included in the CSL pedal load cell?
Is the CSL pedal load cell a sinle pedal (I suppose for the brake) or the bundle contains all three pedals?
Also, I remember that it was possible to purchase the clutch pedal since it looks like it is not included in the GT DD, is it still the case? And why it looks like the CSL kit sold for 34.95€ has three pedals but the bundle itself only has two?

My main reason for looking at the DD Pro is that it has the 4 knobs to regulate tcs, bb, fm and torque split without needing to change manually the tab as in the g29, are there other wheels which can do this?

Thanks in advance to all those who will reply!

The CSL Pedal Tuning kit are just faceplates, I really like them but they're not essential and they supply three should you use a three pedal setup. You have to buy these separately. The load cell is a single pedal, so with the CSL pedals you fit that and can move the existing brake pedal over to use as the clutch.
I use the McLaren wheel and the toggle switches on that work the MFD in GT7. Instead of buying the bundle you could get the 8Nm wheelbase on it's own then add a wheel of choice and different pedals, the Elite V2 for example.

The GT DD Pro bundle comes with the 2 pedal CSL set as it keeps costs down for the overall bundle. So if you buy the bundle and want Load Cell you will need to add the standalone LC brake pedal to your order. As said above, when you do that the brake pedal that comes with the bundle gets moved over to become the clutch pedal.

The problem with this of course is that the standalone LC brake pedal is awful value for money in comparison to the 3 pedal set you can buy.

Last edited:
The CSL Pedal Tuning kit are just faceplates, I really like them but they're not essential and they supply three should you use a three pedal setup. You have to buy these separately. The load cell is a single pedal, so with the CSL pedals you fit that and can move the existing brake pedal over to use as the clutch.
I use the McLaren wheel and the toggle switches on that work the MFD in GT7. Instead of buying the bundle you could get the 8Nm wheelbase on it's own then add a wheel of choice and different pedals, the Elite V2 for example.
Is it possible to buy the 8 Nm gt base on its own? Also, is there an H shifter by Fanatec? The only one I found on their site costs like 300€ and imho that's too muh. Is there a cheaper alternative? Or like, is it possible to use other brand's shifters such as the one by Logitech?

Is it possible to buy the 8 Nm gt base on its own? Also, is there an H shifter by Fanatec? The only one I found on their site costs like 300€ and imho that's too muh. Is there a cheaper alternative? Or like, is it possible to use other brand's shifters such as the one by Logitech?
Yes you can buy the base separately. They only sell one shifter, I don't use one so have no clue about compatibility with other makes, I believe you can do it on PC but on console it must plug in to the wheel base.

Yes you can buy the base separately. They only sell one shifter, I don't use one so have no clue about compatibility with other makes, I believe you can do it on PC but on console it must plug in to the wheel base.

Thanks,
I was building just out of curiosity a bundle starting from the 8 Nm you linked me and it gets to 1248.80 as I can not find a cheaper wheel with at least as many buttons as the GT DD wheel (the main reason why I'm seriously considering retiring my G29: when I am turning I can not modify my FM, as the rotary encoder does not work when the wheel is turned. Don't know if it's a common issue or it's just my G29).

Does anyone know if there are some cheaper alternatives to the V2.5 wheel that I missed that still allow me to set FM BB TCS or torque split without having to manually scroll all the pages on GT7 MPD?

Thanks,
I was building just out of curiosity a bundle starting from the 8 Nm you linked me and it gets to 1248.80 as I can not find a cheaper wheel with at least as many buttons as the GT DD wheel (the main reason why I'm seriously considering retiring my G29: when I am turning I can not modify my FM, as the rotary encoder does not work when the wheel is turned. Don't know if it's a common issue or it's just my G29).

Does anyone know if there are some cheaper alternatives to the V2.5 wheel that I missed that still allow me to set FM BB TCS or torque split without having to manually scroll all the pages on GT7 MPD?
I don't think they're are any wheels other than the crappy GT bundled one that let you change the MFD options without scrolling. TBH I only ever use the McLaren wheel in GT7 and it's not an issue using the toggles to navigate.

I don't think they're are any wheels other than the crappy GT bundled one that let you change the MFD options without scrolling. TBH I only ever use the McLaren wheel in GT7 and it's not an issue using the toggles to navigate.
In that case, it looks like it would be better for me to just buy the regular gt bundle, as it saves me 300 € and has the main feature I'm looking for, thanks for the answers on all doubts.
The two thumb encoders on the Fv2.5 steering wheel allow adjustment of the fuel map and brake balance.
Or is it solved? This now makes me still doubt. (Even though 300€ saved are not negligible).

Thanks eeryone for all your answers, at least now I have a clearer situation!

Back