How to connect buttkicker gamer 2 to PS3

• Thread starter lakers2008
  • 1 comments
hey, I just got the buttkicker gamer but I wasnt able to get it to work with the PS3. I noticed that some people here have it and I was hoping someone could help me out. I am running by PS3 on HDMI it is split with my 360 via hdmi splitter. I get the audio from the HDMI connection. Now I wasnt able to get the buttkicker to work and I want to know if I can get it to work with HDMI or do I need something else?? I have a stereo but I would prefer to have it directly coming from my TV. Please let me know what I need to have my buttkicker work on my 360 and PS3. Thx

Lakers2008 -

I just found your post and noticed that no one has gotten back to you yet.
I work for The Guitammer Company (we make the ButtKicker Gamer).

If you have any sort of 5.1 audio system, using the receiver as your source signal will work the best since the ButtKicker will automatically work with whatever content source you have (eg. XBOX, PS3, Cable TV). A ButtKicker will work with 99.99% of home theater / gaming setups (Don't quote me on that, but I bet I'm pretty close).

If you are using the built-in speakers in your TV, your best bet will be to use the red or white RCA output on your TV as the signal source for the ButtKicker Gamer amplifier. That will be a stereo signal which will contain the full range of frequencies. The ButtKicker will only respond to between about 5hz and 250hz.

Another sneaky trick you can do if all else fails, is use our Speaker Level Interface Adapter which will convert a bare speaker wire connection into an RCA female jack. You can piggyback this with the bare speaker wire inputs on your subwoofer, or at your receiver if it uses bare speaker wire outputs.

Also, I noticed some people talking about the Wind effect in GT4. It's true that the ButtKicker is mostly subject to the whim of the game audio engineers, but there are a few things you can do to try to minimize it with the frequency controls on the amp. Normally, for racing simulations, I'd recommend not using the High Cutoff frequency on the ButtKicker amp because the engine sounds are very dynamic. For an FPS game I'd usually recommend turning the High Cutoff on and then turning the dial down to like 40 -70 hz. A lot of the music and ambient sounds are 90hz and above so doing that cuts them out and leaves you with only the deep impacts like gun shots and explosions. You may be able to cut out some of that wind sound by doing the same thing. You'll probably lose a little bit of the engine range, but if it's between that, and driving with your ButtKicker... It just depends on how low the wind effect goes. I'm kind of surprised that there's not a volume control for that in the game menu actually.

Hope this helps.

If not, you, and anyone else can always email our tech support: support@guitammer.com

Or just post back.

Randy M
The Guitammer Co
www.shakemycouch.com

Latest Posts

Back