How to connect TV to an amplifier?

I have an old Samsung LCD TV and would like to hear the sound of my PS4 games from my speakers that are connected to my amp. I suppose the easiest way is to make my TV speakers shut up and take the audio signal from the TV to my amp. I tried to connect the TV with my amp using red and white RCA audio cables, but the TV menu won't let me select the audio channel and only the TV speakers are working. There are two pairs of RCA at the back of the TV. So I thought they should work with an amp. Or is it only possible if I use a mini jack audio out of the TV and connect it to my amp with a mini jack on one end and red and white RCA connectors in the amp?

I have an old Samsung LCD TV and would like to hear the sound of my PS4 games from my speakers that are connected to my amp. I suppose the easiest way is to make my TV speakers shut up and take the audio signal from the TV to my amp. I tried to connect the TV with my amp using red and white RCA audio cables, but the TV menu won't let me select the audio channel and only the TV speakers are working. There are two pairs of RCA at the back of the TV. So I thought they should work with an amp. Or is it only possible if I use a mini jack audio out of the TV and connect it to my amp with a mini jack on one end and red and white RCA connectors in the amp?
If there are two sets of RCA one will be for input. Check you TV's setting options for audio. You may need to select a setting to route the sound to RCA rather than internal speakers.

Found the right connectors, there are plenty of RCA connectors on the TV and I had to find the right pair and disable internal sound. So it is possible. Incredible how stupid the shop assistants in our country selling consoles are. Firstly the guy tells me that I will need batteries for the Dualshock gamepad, then he tells me it is impossible to get a sound from an amplifier with the new PS4. All wrong... I mean if you sell consoles, you should at least know that you don't put batteries into Dual shock gamepads... and the kid looks like he is addicted to gaming...

Back