How to do drift smoke while drift properly

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Kobayashiiii1
OK, since I've practice for a very long time, and I STILL have NO idea on how to drift properly. I use DS5 to do this, while others (I'd say all Japanese players) do extremly smooth drift, I can only collect some drift points by shaking the car in straight lines. And the only way I drift through corners is to drive slowly and have zero smoke behind my car.

I'm dumb, noob, whatever you want to call me, and here I am, sincerely ask for some DS5 drifting tips, and how you do smoke while drifting. And the question is based on smooth drifting, not drift smoke for photo and then drive out of the track.

Besides I didn't do drift in any other game so I'm totally new.

OK, since I've practice for a very long time, and I STILL have NO idea on how to drift properly. I use DS5 to do this, while others (I'd say all Japanese players) do extremly smooth drift, I can only collect some drift points by shaking the car in straight lines. And the only way I drift through corners is to drive slowly and have zero smoke behind my car.

I'm dumb, noob, whatever you want to call me, and here I am, sincerely ask for some DS5 drifting tips, and how you do smoke while drifting. And the question is based on smooth drifting, not drift smoke for photo and then drive out of the track.

Besides I didn't do drift in any other game so I'm totally new.

I am a steering wheel drifter, I can't help you on the PAD, but there is a car friend (Peng Z) who is a master of DS4 drifting,
It is recommended that you can go to his YT channel for reference and learning. His friends share some vehicle settings. The link is as follows

In addition, Bahamut's flick discussion area, he (棚 as67768) will also share his experience, the link is as follows

Last edited by a moderator:
how you do smoke while drifting

Well..
7u2v6b5ahiq51.jpg

I am a steering wheel drifter, I can't help you on the PAD, but there is a car friend (Peng Z) who is a master of DS4 drifting,
It is recommended that you can go to his YT channel for reference and learning. His friends share some vehicle settings. The link is as follows

In addition, Bahamut's flick discussion area, he (棚 as67768) will also share his experience, the link is as follows
Thanks for the links, it's just a little bit difficult for me to understand, till thx

What wheel do you use? I have a g29 and even though i drift in real life and have drifted in gt4/gt5 i just cant link corners in gt7.. Any sort of reak throttle input to extend the drift to the next corner results in me dropping the rear..

What wheel do you use? I have a g29 and even though i drift in real life and have drifted in gt4/gt5 i just cant link corners in gt7.. Any sort of reak throttle input to extend the drift to the next corner results in me dropping the rear..
I use T500RS (from GT5 to now), if the center of gravity transfer is too fast, I guess the steering wheel is not turning fast enough,
I have compared T300 (continuously used for 2~3 months), I understand the influence of steering wheel rotation speed on drift,
With the T300 I have to manually accelerate the steering wheel back and forth at the right time, but with the T500 I can almost let go,

You can try the following modification and adjustment to slow down the shift of the center of gravity and increase the stability of the vehicle, I hope it can help,
Modified "Steering Angle Adapter" to increase the front wheel steering angle,
Body Height -> The higher the vehicle is, the more stable the vehicle will be (if it is lowered, be careful that the front wheel will hit the wheel arch),
Anti-Roll Bar -> The lower the value, the more stable the vehicle dynamics,
LSD initial torque -> the lower the value, the more stable the vehicle dynamics,
LSD acceleration torque -> the lower the value, the more stable the vehicle dynamics,

Back