How to drift a 4wd

• Thread starter lazarosgr
  • 9 comments
Greece
Greece
A very simple question, because i thing i do something wrong.
Tested with R34 GT-R , or EVO 6 or EVO 10, upgraded to full, with brakes, engine power, weight reduction etc, i try to powerslide/drift (with controller), with handbrake button, and it is ok. but when i use the Fully Customized Differential or the Active LSD, the car , refuses to block the rear wheels, and it is actually stopping with fron braking, even with abs off. This the first time i see it in gran turismo.

I hope that you will give me a solution/tip/advise.
Thank you

P.S. searched in forum but did not find a similar post. Sorry if allready exists another one.

In fully customized diff i tried with brake sensitivity 60/60 and 5/5 but nothing happens. Braking with front wheels even if the brake adjustment is at center and tha handbrake torque at maximum.

A differential wont "block" the wheels or stop them spinning. It stops them from turning independently when it locks, so they both turn at the same speed.
I find that if I put all diff setting to 60, the diff locks very easily, although I've never tried with a 4wd car.
I may be reading your working wrong, so apologies if that's already what you meant.

It is ok, thank you. Actually, This is the first game-simulator i see this problem really. Handbrake has nothing to do with LSD or whatever. i deadctivated right now LSD & torque distribution, and handbrake works. Something is conflict each other or what?

I think the problem here is that the handbrake stop working correctly when you put it to a 50/50 torque split for the 4wd system? Happened ho me aswell, its just down to GT making a piss poor job at simulation. They also make the flywheel have the mass of a boeing until you press the clutch, but thats another matter.

If the centre diff is locking, the handbrake probably won't bite properly since the front wheels are forcing drive to the rear though the diff.

Back