How to Find Specific Decals for cars

• Thread starter foxghost18
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
I was just wondering how exactly I can find decals that makes it look like you're looking through the car? Or decals that show the engines under the hood? Are people piecing them together or is there a way to search that I haven't found? I'm talking about cars like this:

Attachments

• 7214784201762013724_0.jpg
    7214784201762013724_0.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 6989617420892669468_0.jpg
    6989617420892669468_0.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 6566331897044042264_23.jpg
    6566331897044042264_23.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 25
Well, you can always go to GTS wiki searcher. It's by far the most efficient way to search for game content.

But, that said, the liveries you mentioned are done with multiple decals. The author would make a large number of layers for an engine bay, upload them all and carefully align each layer to make the final effect. This is the only approach because the decal uploader won't upload anything bigger than 15 KB and a sole engine bay SVG with that ammount of detail would surely be waaaay bigger than 15 KB.

If the author didn't make those layers publicly available, you would have to ask for them or doing them yourself.

Well, you can always go to GTS wiki searcher. It's by far the most efficient way to search for game content.

But, that said, the liveries you mentioned are done with multiple decals. The author would make a large number of layers for an engine bay, upload them all and carefully align each layer to make the final effect. This is the only approach because the decal uploader won't upload anything bigger than 15 KB and a sole engine bay SVG with that ammount of detail would surely be waaaay bigger than 15 KB.

If the author didn't make those layers publicly available, you would have to ask for them or doing them yourself.

Thanks for that but I use wiki searcher all the time. I was wondering more HOW to search for them. What word do you use to search like for instance in the old Mini searching for door/missing/seats gets me nothing. Same thing with the stuff in the bus. I was just wondering if there are specific words you can use to search with but thanks for the reply.

Thanks for that but I use wiki searcher all the time. I was wondering more HOW to search for them. What word do you use to search like for instance in the old Mini searching for door/missing/seats gets me nothing. Same thing with the stuff in the bus. I was just wondering if there are specific words you can use to search with but thanks for the reply.

I see. But I find really doubtful that people who make those liveries would share layer after layer. I don't really have an anwer for you, but maybe try with terms such as "layers"?

Back