How to fix the sounds on mod cars

vinay mistry

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
vinay8
Ok its come to my attention that many a person doesnt know how to fix the sounds for cars, if they do have a solution then it means they are manually editing GUID files, i understand this is scares people so im gonna show you how to easily do it.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/actools-cars-manager.6518/

1. Firstly download the thing above.

2. Drop it anywhere, it will warn you when you first open it because it is a unsigned application, say its fine(trust me its safe, i checks the raw code)

3. A list on the left will appear with each car, find the car that you believe has a sound issue.

4. Right click and a bar will appear at the bottom, click folder and a window will appear for the directory of the car. Open the sfx folder and delete everything in it. then go back into the manager and right click on the and click refresh.

5. Once that is done it will have red text above the preview picture saying something about no sfx, click that text and it will allow you to replace the sounds with any kunos car. select what sounds you want to replace and thats it.

Ill add pictures later.

This only replaces the mod car's sound with a Kunos car sound doesn't it? What if I want to re-enable the mod car's sound?

This only replaces the mod car's sound with a Kunos car sound doesn't it? What if I want to re-enable the mod car's sound?
you cant easily, the fmod engine transition from 2D to 3D and then then transition from static to doppler was massive, they would have to recomplie everything and i dont know how to do that, considering the lack of sound modders in AC it doesnt seem that easy to do.

you cant easily, the fmod engine transition from 2D to 3D and then then transition from static to doppler was massive, they would have to recomplie everything and i dont know how to do that, considering the lack of sound modders in AC it doesnt seem that easy to do.

Alright, thanks. Guess I'll just keep to using the sound fix file then. I just discovered it breaks the Lotus 72's sound, so I have to switch back and forth depending on the cars I want to use. Very annoying.

Back