How to get 200 A-spec points in the Endurance Race at Super Speedway?

Messages
85
Messages
KristianPedersen
How do you get 200 A-spec points in the Endurance Race at Super Speedway?

I've tryed with so many different cars and setups to get the 200 A-spec points, but I can't find the Car/setup I can win the race at 200 A-spec points with. The two best cars I've tryed to win it with is the Black Version of Mazda 787B and Nissan Concept LM Race Car '02...

Some of you must have won it with 200 A-spec points, what car have you used to do it and how was your settings??
 
Stock Fiat Punto will do it...:rolleyes:
 
Route_66 in his 200pt A-spec race thread used this:

Super Speedway 150 Miles : Mazda 787B (used, R1, ballast) - 200
 
I've also been told that you can win using the 787B for 200 A-spec points. I still find it hard to believe unless you get lucky. Basically it's a matter of making your tires last and still stay within the same lap of the faster cars that also have good tire life. If you can manage to get 34 to 36 laps out of your tires and not fall too far behind (one lap or so) you have a good chance of winning. I've noticed that some cars that go fast at the beginning sometimes don't get into the pits in time and spin out. Some cars don't seem to go as fast at the end of the race as they do when they first start out. Constantly drafting faster cars can help, but you also need a feather's touch on braking and going around curves to save your tires.

It seems you really need to run the whole race to find out whether you'll win or not. An early race assessment really doesn't give enough information.

Try running the race several times with a 787B with more HP and see how the opponents behave, then drop your HP for more A-spec points and plan your strategy. Right now I'm fairly discouraged, but it has been done with good driving skills, luck and blocking strategy, so it is surely possible. But from the very beginning of the race it seems impossible to me using a handicapped 787B. So far all I got is a lousy 10 points (using a Toyota GT-One) so I've a long way to go.

Update: I attempted using the 787B for around 180 points and got soundly smoked by the RC92 Nissan. Totally hopeless.
 
Back