• 20 comments

Moglet

Gendertrash
Premium
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Moglet85
Moglet
Everyone has said that the in car view in Forza 3 is too close to the wheel. Well, that's easily solved with a little trick;

Go to 'Forza 3' and then 'My Profile', then select 'Multiscreen'.

In this menu you will see 2 slider bars which are greyed out. First off, switch multiscreen on using the first option and then slide the last bar all the way to the right so it's at 70-90° (depending on preference, where 90 is the furthest away from the wheel). Then, press A and if it asks you about restarting, just say yes.

Go into a race, select the in car view and voila. You can see the mirrors, the interior, your arms, everything! I've just had a quick drive in the Abarth 500 and you actually have trouble seeing past the A pillar just like in the real car, it's that good. 👍

Last edited:
The problem with that is it warps the whole track.

What you are doing, in fact, is changing the field of view. Not adjusting the seat position.

The problem with that is it warps the whole track.

What you are doing, in fact, is changing the field of view. Not adjusting the seat position.

Yup, but the effect is more like the human eye, less 'zoomed in'. It looks very odd if you zoom in too far though, mine is currently set to 80° and that feels just right.

Maybe I should try 67, 74 looked good in videos I'd seen, what value would GT5P be, it'd be close to 74'...

I tried changing it, followed every instruction. When I loaded up a track the game just locks up. Anyone else getting this? Don't know why this is happening.

this will just make the lack of gear changes more infuriating

It does work, but only it seems in free run. When I go into my career it resets. Also, is it Host or Client? As a Client when I restart it seems to have a problem (looking for the host I guess) when the Turn 10 intro comes up. It hangs and then I need to press B to start. Hmm. What I don't understand is why they don't let us change the FOV anyway. It's obviously possible so why restrict it? Stupid.

Warning!

The game begin to freeze sometimes during loading tracks, and in another forum i found the solution was set the view and the multiscreen to default deleting the configuration file from HDD.

I changed to multiscreen and haven't had a single lock up or problem with the game since. Can't play on default, think I'm using around '72 and it looks as close to GT5P as you can get.

I've tried multiple settings, but I keep coming back to 70. Although, I'll change it to 65 or so if I'm going to be in one of the classic cars (Ferrari Testarossa for example) as the classic cars tend to sit you a bit further back by default.

;)

I like that we can scoot back the view, but man I cannot stand not being able to see the top of my hood, its like there are no seats and im sitting on the floor boards, or my driver is 4'5". Thats whats keeping me from enjoying cockpit view.

I like that we can scoot back the view, but man I cannot stand not being able to see the top of my hood, its like there are no seats and im sitting on the floor boards, or my driver is 4'5". Thats whats keeping me from enjoying cockpit view.

Depends on the car.

In some vehicles it seems like you're sitting on top a milk crate.

;)

Thanks for the info guys. Will try it out. Was disappointed when I couldn't get a full view of the cockpit.

Thanks for the info guys. Will try it out. Was disappointed when I couldn't get a full view of the cockpit.

Personally, I would try ~60 then ~70 etc till you find what you're happy with. Also, on some cars, a higher FoV can make you see inside your arms and your lack of legs so don't set it too high. And finally, personal experience tells me that after changing your FoV expect a couple freezes when loading tracks and also, always have the ethernet plugged in.

Sad to lose the ability to look around the cabin once you've changed it, but it sure helps and I don't even drive in cock-pit very often.

I try to tell people about this all the time. The default interior view in Forza 3 was terrible. Once you adjust it using the multiscreen setup its much better. I have an HDTV but mine is not widescreen so I have mine set to about 85-87. 👍

Back