how to get your saved replays on your pc

• Thread starter mr.clean
  • 15 comments
Yow
I've been checking every thread in answer to my question, and maybe I've missed some, but I can't seem to find how to get my replay movies from the playstation onto my computer. I've even tried my brother's camera but that seems useless. can someone help me? I'd really like to get those replays on my computer
thanks for your time, hope somebody can help me
cheers

If you simply want the data on your PC (i.e. you don't want to watch the replays on your PC, but want to back them up, upload them to the internet or share them with a friend), you'll need to get a device such as a MaxDrive. This will allow you to copy the replay files to a USB drive, then on to your PC.

If, however, you want to view the replays on your PC, you'll need a capture card (as Flerbizky) suggests :)

ok, thank you for your replies
I know people have probably asked this a million times before, but is a capture card, such as MaxDrive, expensive? I'm fairly new to this, so I don't know al the things you need to know, yet.
thanks for your time

A capture card is an entirely different thing to a maxdrive. A capture card makes a video that you're PS2 is playing into it. A maxdrive takes a replay file so that you can transfer it to another PS2 via the PC. A maxdrive does not allow you to make a video file.

You could check the link on how to make videos which is located in my sig.

A capture card is a "video-in" capable card or a "tv card" basically.. connect the video out of your PS2 to the input on this card, and record using a capture program such as virtualdub.

From there, it gets complicated ;)

ok, thanks
yeah I mixed up the maxdrive and a cap.card
usefull replies, especially yours daan; it explains pretty much everything step by step so it's clear now what I have to do, I had no idea.
thanks all
see you next time

JustWitherAway
Isnt there a way to use a video recording digital camera as a capture card?

Unless your camera has composite video input or something, you'd have to record your TV screen ... and the quality will be pretty shoddy. You'd also need a huge and expensive memory card to capture longer replays.

You could get a capture card (often called TV cards) for far less money than that.. I paid 200NOK (something like US$30) for mine, and it does the job just fine.

Ske
Unless your camera has composite video input or something, you'd have to record your TV screen ... and the quality will be pretty shoddy. You'd also need a huge and expensive memory card to capture longer replays.

You could get a capture card (often called TV cards) for far less money than that.. I paid 200NOK (something like US$30) for mine, and it does the job just fine.

I just moved to Norway, could you tell me where you bought it? or ordered?

Could anyone post some images of it? I don't know how it looks like :indiff:

I wanted to buy a MaxDrive for posting drifting videos here on GTP, but I think it's quite impossible to convert the .zip files into a file which computers can read :ill:

Please answer on the last one as well 👍

Pink_the_Floyd
I just moved to Norway, could you tell me where you bought it? or ordered?

Could anyone post some images of it? I don't know how it looks like :indiff:
What's with all this moving to Norway ?....

Anyway - A TV card - If I get you correctly, looks like any other PCI card for a computer.

carte-110i%5B1%5D.jpg

I wanted to buy a MaxDrive for posting drifting videos here on GTP, but I think it's quite impossible to convert the .zip files into a file which computers can read :ill:

Please answer on the last one as well 👍
The files you get off the Maxdrive can't be used for anything but sharing replay data and save games. IF you want to post videos, you HAVE to get a TV card that'll capture the video output from the PS2...

Something like a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo - I have 2 of these and I love 'em to bits !... Another benefit is that you can watch TV on the computer while doing other stuff..

Hmmm.. Looks like the PCTV Stereo has been replaced by this : PCTV 110i - Looks the same as the PCTV Stereo though....

Seems like the going prices are 400-500 NOK + for the basic ones now, I got a demo card cheap..

These ones looks like decent value for money:
http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.asp?sku=313594&cks=PRL (Pinnacle)
http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.asp?sku=312218&cks=PRL (MSI)

Where in Norway do you live? I'd order off that site I just linked to, or ask at your local computer or electronics store... If they don't have TV or Capture cards themselves, they can probably tell you who does, and don't let anyone convince you to pay much more than 500NOK for one ;) USB capture devices (outboard) will be a lot easier to install, and you can use them with laptops, but they're generally more expensive than PCI (internal) cards..

And yeah, the maxdrive saves doesn't store video.. it just stores track, car/settings and controller inputs, so GT4 recreates your run when you load the replay data.

To play those maxdrive saves on your PC, you'd basically have to have the GT4 software installed on it ;)

Or if you have one of those DVD recorders, hook up your ps2 to your dvd recorder to your tv, play the replay, record in onto a DVD, and rip it onto your computer

Removed link

N35QU1K
Or if you have one of those DVD recorders, hook up your ps2 to your dvd recorder to your tv, play the replay, record in onto a DVD, and rip it onto your computer

Removed link
Sorry, but you can't post that link here. That program allows you to illegally rip DVDs. The developer of the program was shut down due to that fact.

daan
Sorry, but you can't post that link here. That program allows you to illegally rip DVDs. The developer of the program was shut down due to that fact.

And un-needed anyway, as a self recorded DVD wouldn't have CSS which means you could just copy the video files off the DVD..

An expensive way to do it though....

-So, if I buy that TV card, put it in my PC, I need to connect, PS2, PC and TV at the same time?
-Shall my PC have enough room for it, I have like GeForce card, soundcard, etc. PC is a 2.56 Ghz
-Do I need to buy any special software to convert the files?

Thanks for all the help 👍 so far :lol:

Back