how to improve appointments with friends?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sprplay
  • 4 comments
  • 778 views
Messages
344
Germany
GER
Messages
sprplay
This is obviously a noobs question, because I'm not into online play for so long.

Often when it happens that I'm turning GT5 on spontaneously, I would like to have the chance to seek for some people from my friends list, who are just in the mood for an online join-together right now.

So I wrote a gt5-mail to the ones indicated to be online in the community-tab (yellow dot), but as they were just hanging around in another online lobby they didn't notice, and I wasn't able to figure out, which room they were in.
Another day while I was playing gt5, I received a short term inquiry via PSN-network, which I didn't read in time, because once in the game you won't see PSN-messages.

Please don't anwer "You could have made an appointment days before via gtplanet, or set up regular meetings etc." as I'm searching for an improvent for on-the-fly situations.

Thanks for your enlightment
 
Last edited:
I too would like to know how people manage to meet up from the online racer community of GTP without planning/booking it in advance. It would seem logical to me that it must be fairly straightforward to implement a facility in the game where you can see what rooms your online buddies are racing in and then join them. Maybe this facility already exists and I just havent found it?
 
Click on the yellow dot (in the community tab) to bring up the room your friend is in, then select it to enter.

You can setup your ps3 to display messages while in game, which everyone should do.
 
Ah thanks,

I know there was a simple solution I didn't know.

You can setup your ps3 to display messages while in game, which everyone should do.

Where is that to be configured?
 
Where is that to be configured?

In the PS3 XMB Menu:

Go to Settings \ Network Settings and check that the "Display Notifications" selection is set to "ON"
 
Back