How to increase Driver Rating

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My driver rating is B it’s been B since I started playing the game in April, my SR is S - it’s been up and it been down but for last couple weeks been S - I know that your Driver rating is linked in part to the SR so even if you overtake cars and win races you might not improve the DR, how many A. E drivers do you see.

In 90% of my races I finish further up the grid than I start, no I don’t attract penalties for doing so but equally don’t get too many clean race bonuses either - no matter how much effort I put in the B rating seems fixed - how do you move it…. Can you see what your DR value is and how far you are off from the next level…. The game doesn’t help with these things

There's a bar under your DR on your player profile and in the same place in the big bar with your statistics on it in the Sport Mode menu.

That bar shows your progress to the next rank.

Only two things are relevant: your finish position, and the DR ratings of you and every other driver at the start of the race.

Potted summary: you gain DR points from every driver you beat, and you lose DR points to every driver who beats you.

How much you gain or lose is proportional to the difference in DR between you. Beating a driver rated (1-100,000) lower than you results in less gain than beating a driver rated higher than you, whereas being beaten by a driver rated lower than you results in more loss than being beaten by a driver rated higher than you. There is a formula, but it's not really important.

Ultimately if you finish below the middle you'll lose points to more drivers than you gain points from, and your DR will go down. If you finish above the middle you'll gain points from more drivers than you lose points to, and your DR will go up.

There's some caveats to that, but you should go up if you finish in the top half of the field and down if you finish in the bottom half.

I know that your Driver rating is linked in part to the SR so even if you overtake cars and win races you might not improve the DR
This is not true.

There's one link between DR and SR; your SR rank (S, A, B, C, D, E) will prevent your DR rank from rising above it, and if your SR rank falls two (and a half) letters below your DR rank it will reset your DR rank to a level that matches it.

In 90% of my races I finish further up the grid than I start
This is not relevant. Overtaking cars technically causes an increase in DR (by virtue of taking points off one more driver than you're losing points to) but it does not result in a net DR increase at the end of the race.
Can you see what your DR value is and how far you are off from the next level…
You cannot see what the rating is, only the rank. However you can see how far you are off from the next level, by the bar under the rank in your in-game profile.

Be aware that it takes more to move the bar the higher your rating. D is 0-3999, C is 4000-9999, B is 10000-29999, A is 30000-49999, and A+ is 50000-100000.

Only two things are relevant: your finish position, and the DR ratings of you and every other driver at the start of the race.

Potted summary: you gain DR points from every driver you beat, and you lose DR points to every driver who beats you.

How much you gain or lose is proportional to the difference in DR between you. Beating a driver rated (1-100,000) lower than you results in less gain than beating a driver rated higher than you, whereas being beaten by a driver rated lower than you results in more loss than being beaten by a driver rated higher than you. There is a formula, but it's not really important.

Ultimately if you finish below the middle you'll lose points to more drivers than you gain points from, and your DR will go down. If you finish above the middle you'll gain points from more drivers than you lose points to, and your DR will go up.

There's some caveats to that, but you should go up if you finish in the top half of the field and down if you finish in the bottom half.

This is not true.

There's one link between DR and SR; your SR rank (S, A, B, C, D, E) will prevent your DR rank from rising above it, and if your SR rank falls two (and a half) letters below your DR rank it will reset your DR rank to a level that matches it.

This is not relevant. Overtaking cars technically causes an increase in DR (by virtue of taking points off one more driver than you're losing points to) but it does not result in a net DR increase at the end of the race.

You cannot see what the rating is, only the rank. However you can see how far you are off from the next level, by the bar under the rank in your in-game profile.

Be aware that it takes more to move the bar the higher your rating. D is 0-3999, C is 4000-9999, B is 10000-29999, A is 30000-49999, and A+ is 50000-100000.
thanks For that - the DR world has become clearer - never noticed the bar before

Imo the best strategy is to find a car/circuit that suits you/your driving style and you can get a good quali time in the overall rankings. You'll start in a tougher lobby but drive clean finish in the top 5 and your rating will generally go up. In these lobbies you're more likely to be racing against people who want the same. If there is a race where your quali times aren't so good, skip it.

The other strategy is to git gud. But that's kinda useless here.

Try to improve by looking at areas where you lose time compared to others. Do the time trials to learn the tracks better.
I think you shouldn't be too obsessed with your ratings anyway.

Back