How to keep everything organized

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 22 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
Ive accumilated about 20 or so different shapes/stickers and what not from the storefront and some Ive made. But if I go to put something on a different car I have to shuffle thru ALL of them to get to what I want. And I know there are guys out there that have ALOT more than I do and was wondering the best way to file or catogorize..Does Forza do it for you??

This works for me. You are allowed 999 layers per decal. I keep mine together by the same kind. German, Italian, major banks, oil, gas etc.
Open up layer group Hankook tires( lets say75 layers.) then open up Bridgestone(100 layers) then you can save them both under tires for a total of (175)
That way you can have a lot of decals together in what looks like on BIG group .I have as many as 20 different decals together. Of course you will have to ungroup them as you need.
NOTE: keep your layer groups around 500 layers, because sometimes you be working on a design then go to add a sponsors decal and not have the room to do it.
But you can always open the file on the roof, lots of room there.

I mean keeping them in your inventory...Like Ill have different designs that I have to thumb thru before I can even put them on a car

I don't think you can organize them. If you can, I'd like to know that as well. I've bought so much that it sometimes takes me ages to actually find the layer groups I've made when I want to apply them to a car.

I know right!!!!...........I just started messing with this and when I named a file I thought it would put all my "Ford" layer groups together...

When you put, lets say three tire layer groups together, Hankook, Toyo, Firestone. they were single designs, now rolled into one. You then save them into their own..."tires" The next time you scroll through your designs, the three tire logos are seen as three logos in the same group.
Also once you are happy with them in their groups go back and eliminate the single design. This is what I do for organizing. It is simple. I have close to a hundred designs in about 20 groups. Better than scrolling for five minutes...

I know right!!!!...........I just started messing with this and when I named a file I thought it would put all my "Ford" layer groups together...

I wish it was that simple, to name a file "Ford 3" and another "Ford Pinto 33" that they would automatically go into the "Ford" group, but alas no.
When I go to load a decal for a Lancia, and it's in a group "Italian" I have to load the whole group and then eliminate those I don't need, Ferrari, Lamobs etc.
A little cumbersome, but it really works well, once you get the hang of it.

When you put, lets say three tire layer groups together, Hankook, Toyo, Firestone. they were single designs, now rolled into one. You then save them into their own..."tires" The next time you scroll through your designs, the three tire logos are seen as three logos in the same group.
Also once you are happy with them in their groups go back and eliminate the single design. This is what I do for organizing. It is simple. I have close to a hundred designs in about 20 groups. Better than scrolling for five minutes...

When you say "together"..do you mean in the same layer group??......

Lets say: I have 1 Hankook logo and I name it "tire"
I have 1 Firestone logo and I name it "tire"
I have 1 Toyo logo and I name it "tire"

when I go back to my designs and look, all my "tire" will be together??....Ill have to give this a shot

When you say "together"..do you mean in the same layer group??......

Lets say: I have 1 Hankook logo and I name it "tire"
I have 1 Firestone logo and I name it "tire"
I have 1 Toyo logo and I name it "tire"

when I go back to my designs and look, all my "tire" will be together??....Ill have to give this a shot

Not quite, you name the single designs what ever you want
1 is Hancook
2 is Toyo
3 Firestone
The game doesn't care what anything is called.
You don't have to name the new group anything at all. You can put three tire groups together and call it "A46Y" The name is arbitrary. When I go through the designs all the "tire groups are visible, so it's easy to pick your group.
You still have to search through your designs...but now instead of 75 different single designs they are now in 15 groups. so you can see 5, 8, even 12 designs in the group.
Thats what I meant by organizing...I wish you could label them and have the game sort them for you.

So when you want to apply you just have to "ungroup" them so you can put them on a car....Sorry not infront of my xbox to see....Ill check it out over the weekend

So when you want to apply you just have to "ungroup" them so you can put them on a car....Sorry not infront of my xbox to see....Ill check it out over the weekend

That's exactly right. If you have seven of the same design:
Hankook in black, white, bight yellow, green, pink, red, you would load the group as a "layer group". then you ungroup and delete the colours you don't want.
This works for tires, sponsors, etc.

Ok.....so if I delete the ones I dont want in the group to apply, wont they be lost for the next time I go to the group to use one of the designs???

Ok.....so if I delete the ones I dont want in the group to apply, wont they be lost for the next time I go to the group to use one of the designs???

No... and that's the beauty of it. You don't save over the group again, just your design.
I've done it tons. All seven hankook tire colours just go back into their little group, waiting for you to call on them again.

Well Ill be damned.......after all that I got my answer....thanx....Ill have to group my logos together this weekend....Cause I have alot of stuff I bought off the storefronts for specific cars so now Ill just put them all in one spot.....

Ok.....this is what I have done

I have 3 vynl groups that pertain to Lotus. I went in and created a vynl group and put all 3 of these on it and named it "Lotus". Now when I go to put my Lotus stickers on the whole (all three) come up to put on the car. I dont want all three....how do I just get ONE to apply....

Ok.....this is what I have done

I have 3 vynl groups that pertain to Lotus. I went in and created a vynl group and put all 3 of these on it and named it "Lotus". Now when I go to put my Lotus stickers on the whole (all three) come up to put on the car. I dont want all three....how do I just get ONE to apply....

On the 3 decals select "ungroup" They will then appear as three separate decals. Just delete the unwanted ones from there.

If for some reason you delete them all...just don't save your work.

Where is the "ungroup" option at??..Im not infront of my box.......When do I ungroup them??....I was trying to do it in the "Apply vynls" section when I had my car up on screen

Where is the "ungroup" option at??..Im not infront of my box.......When do I ungroup them??....I was trying to do it in the "Apply vynls" section when I had my car up on screen

Press A on the vinyl group (on the car) and scroll down and it will say "Ungroup", click it.

When you get to the point you have a ton of groups to keep track of, buy a cheap car with a good surface area, like a MINI... Put a single white or light color decal square on the side, and stretch it to cover the whole side. Copy/paste it to all the other sides of the car.

Now you can load that tire group on the side, the oil group on top, another on the other side as well as the front/back...

Then save the the whole thing as a design for the car. You can organize them any way you want, I tend to put major sponsors, car companies, fuel/oil related etc on different cars and then name the design applicably.

That way as you accumulate different types of decal groups, you can take them out of your decal section so you don't have to scroll through 120 decal groups.

When you need a specific set, you load the MINI. Hit the start/triangular button to "load for this type of car only" so that only the MINI designs show up in the list.

Then load the design. Go into the decal application facility, go to the side of the car you want, high-lite the group and then "save group as". You now have that group at the front of the line in your decal groups list.

When you exit, DON'T save the changes to the MINI. That way it will be the exact same way next time you need something else on that car. Not saving changes is important, never save them unless you purposely changed something you wanted to on the design, like adding a new sponsor. Then you want to re-save the design anyway...

Now just go back and grab your project, load the layer group just like you do now and do whatever. When you're done, delete it if you know you won't need again anytime soon. No need to worry, it's still on the MINI as part of the design file...

You may think it's a little bit of a chore to do this, but when you have 70+ MINI's full of decal groups (and 15 little Fords) on hand, it's the easiest way to keep them close at hand, but not in your way... ?B)

Doc Savage NDMF:

This is brilliant!!! More decals in less space. This is why I love you guys in here. You always have the right answer.

Doc Savage NDMF:

This is brilliant!!! More decals in less space. This is why I love you guys in here. You always have the right answer.

I can't take credit for the idea, it's how the logo swap groups work. They pick a car and then have everyone put their stuff on it. As long as you have the car, you're golden. Just load up what you need and go.

I have to say it is rather handy when keeping track of so many cars with decals though.

I went through and checked again just to see how many I had to deal with, and currently my "just holding decal groups" cars is one shy of 100... Even this way is still a bit tedious.

The good news...

Only 72 more to go through and organize...! :lol:

So I guess the answer is...:

"Yes... You really can have too much of a good thing..." (.???.)

(edit: love yer sig BTW... ?B)

Back