How to know the "real settings" of a car

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bhaal
  • 9 comments
  • 827 views
Messages
30
Messages
Bhaal
Hi!

One thing that I was wondering for a long time is, how do I know if a car is AT, or has ABS?
I've got a G27 and I really want to drive the cars like they are in RL.
AT or MT I sometimes see in the cockpit of premium cars, but I don't know if a car has ABS or aome other good jazz...

How do you do it?
 
I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to google all the info you want.
 
Yeah, but for all the cars in the garage?
 
So you are going to drive all of you cars at once? Or you will drive them one at a time (googling in the process) and go through ten to twenty.
 
I could do that for the transmission, but I don't know much about the basic settings of ABS and traction control :(
 
just do a google search for "car-name specs", where car-name is the name of the car.
 
hmmm...fair enough.
On a side note: It's not possible to save settings per car, is it?
 
We are missing a "default settings" for each car so much.

I guess you can figure out ABS or T/C with google....

Tell me about brake balance controller though.... Why does every damn car (even the modest Yaris) has brake balance controller and how the hell should we know the manufacturer settings??? Surely it can't be 5/5 for all cars...

This is just stupid thing with the brake controller. It should be as an upgrade only.
 
like chip-tuning on a car with basically no electronic...

It's just a shame having a "real driving" simulation and not even knowing what a car really has...It's so hard to buy a car, just to know how it would more or less drive in RL, and have to tinker in the settings to be like it really is.
 
what you're asking for isn't an issue with Gran Turismo.
ask the car manufacturers why don't have strength ratings for their various driving assists listed.
 
Back