How to make your car take off?

• Thread starter Pete_J_C
  • 3 comments
Germany
Germany
With the recent addition of the clk lm '98 to the legendary dealership, I checked out the infamous history of the car. I thought it a fun idea to try and recreate this scenario, if indeed it is possible within the confines of the physics in the game.

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to tuning cars. But here are a couple of ideas I had to potentially start flying:

• Max weight ballast to the rear
  • zero downforce
  • extremely loose suspension
  • find a location on a track that allows you to achieve a very high speed and an unstable crest

any other ideas to try out?

Max downforce to the rear. When F1 cars lose their front wings they become wheelie machines when driving over crests fast. Same naturally applies to other racing cars but with less of an effect.

Oh, and...ride height should be set to min rear, max front.

Last edited:
With the recent addition of the clk lm '98 to the legendary dealership, I checked out the infamous history of the car. I thought it a fun idea to try and recreate this scenario, if indeed it is possible within the confines of the physics in the game.

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to tuning cars. But here are a couple of ideas I had to potentially start flying:

• zero downforce
  • find a location on a track that allows you to achieve a very high speed and an unstable crest

That was the CLR.

Although it wasn't the only one.

Last edited:

• zero downforce

Your settings seem to work quite well.

Attachments

• 18000ceeb6e35-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18000ceeb6e35-screenshotUrl.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 28
Back