How to minimize load on ps3 during b-spec

  • Thread starter Thread starter DomR32
  • 8 comments
  • 878 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
9
Hello
I was wondering if there is a way to reduce the stress put on a ps3 while playing gt5. reducing ps3 output resolution help should theoritically help but does it really. Also, would having the screen with the race data rather than the normal help as well?
 
In fact i always switch to data screen, and bumper view so there's not much to display. Doing this i noticed that the fan speed goes down after 10min or so.
 
Put in an SSD. I doubt changing the graphics settings isnt going to affect it in any noticeable way.
 
Do a search for it - it's been discussed in a few other threads :)

Keeping it on the camera selection screen (i.e. where you pick which car the view should follow) would minimize the work being done by the console.
 
720p and 1080p are about the same due to the anti-aliasing used, 480p would reduce the pixel fill rate to 30-40% of what it is normally, but I doubt it is going to have a significant impact on temperature or power usage to be worth the faff of switching back and forth.
 
Do a search for it - it's been discussed in a few other threads :)

Keeping it on the camera selection screen (i.e. where you pick which car the view should follow) would minimize the work being done by the console.

I think that someone says that if you choose this screen sometimes it freezes after the race is finished and you weren't there of course.
 
I think that someone says that if you choose this screen sometimes it freezes after the race is finished and you weren't there of course.

It's never happened to me and I've run all the B-Spec races like that.
 
Locking, as we have a thread on this already, in the correct forum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back