How to obtain lots of credits without painting or Rivals Mode?

A6222346
This question has been asked ad nauseum, but I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since this subforum is completely dead. Plus, this question is a little bit different than similar questions that have been posted in the past, as selling paint-jobs on the auction house or utilizing Rivals mode is the answer to this question 99% of the time.

Unfortunately, I'm not good at paining nor racing. I mention that I'm not good at racing because the people that always suggest Rivals mode fail to realize that it doesn't really allow someone to obtain huge amounts of credits without being in the top 10% or so.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?

Auction House. Simple process. Buy cars at cheap prices then sell them for a profit.

That's literally it? I would imagine it at least takes a lot of time in the auction house or some knowledge about which cars are more sellable than others. Right?

After doing more research, I really think making the slow crawl through the events list is the best way to make money for someone like me. Flipping cars in the auction house seems to require either: a) ability to paint something at least fairly simple b) patience to wait for a supercar or classic Ferrari going for way under market-value.

You could always play the event list on easy. Race the World Tour or World Championship events and you'll gain money and experience really fast. Seriously, I earned about 1.6 million credits from the R3 events 'cause of the affinity levels. Affinity is really the quickest way to earn money. Of course, once you get to level 50, you have to switch makes, but there's 80+ makes. That's a lot of money.

You could always play the event list on easy. Race the World Tour or World Championship events and you'll gain money and experience really fast. Seriously, I earned about 1.6 million credits from the R3 events 'cause of the affinity levels. Affinity is really the quickest way to earn money. Of course, once you get to level 50, you have to switch makes, but there's 80+ makes. That's a lot of money.

I never thought of this but that's probably the easiest and most foolproof way of making money for someone with my skillset. I don't usually race R3, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks!

You don't HAVE to race R3. You can race whatever class you want. The World Tour and World Championships have a series for each class, and they give you lots of money and XP. The World Tour gives you the most XP and money, but the World Championships aren't that far behind. Just be warned, World Championship events are compossed of two heats: A qualifying race and the actual race, so it takes a lot longer, but it's still fun.

I'm not sure why I've never taken notice of this stuff. I've actually had the game for a while and play quite a bit, but I guess I mostly just drive around, tune, and race online rather than explore the single-player career mode.

Anyhow, thanks again!

-Make an online room
-Fill it with R1 AIs
-Choose the Benchmark track that is kind of open (not the large oval, but the other oval like vareity)
-50 laps
-choose an R1 car yourself
-Start the race, and just keep to the inside wall. The AI will take the line that goes around the outer wall, so you'll get a huge lead.
-Win, and cash in about 50k+ difficulty bonus and 50k XP, for about 15-20 min of racing.
-????
PROFIT!

That is the fastest, although dull, way to earn cash fast, regardless of how good you are at racing. The advantage of driving the inside line is so huge, that you'll be miles ahead when you finish.

-Make an online room
-Fill it with R1 AIs
-Choose the Benchmark track that is kind of open (not the large oval, but the other oval like vareity)
-50 laps
-choose an R1 car yourself
-Start the race, and just keep to the inside wall. The AI will take the line that goes around the outer wall, so you'll get a huge lead.
-Win, and cash in about 50k+ difficulty bonus and 50k XP, for about 15-20 min of racing.
-????
PROFIT!

That is the fastest, although dull, way to earn cash fast, regardless of how good you are at racing. The advantage of driving the inside line is so huge, that you'll be miles ahead when you finish.

You could do this. But it takes 20 minutes. You can make more money and experience by taking about the same amount of time, maybe less, and running a couple of World Tour Races, which can be just as easy and don't require buying the stupid benchmark test track. I think I explained the pointlessness of this tactic on a youtube video. All this method really does is show that 50K is the most any race will give you. You can add to it with the difficulty bonus, but that's literally the max it goes to. Which...just proves that Turn10 has an issue with giving players massive amounts of money at once.

Besides, I think they patched it so you can't do that anymore. Seriously, though, it's easier and more fun to just run the World Tour Races if you're looking for money.

My recommendation is to grind the event list. Drop the AI to easy and then start turning assists off! Start with manual transmission, ABS off, then MTC, then maybe simulation steering... Never use STM or TCS for any car below S class. Finally, turn off the suggested line! If you can win consistently against the easy AI, then turn them back up! Before you know it you'll have money to burn!

Get a fast car ASAP. Ignore World Tour, the 25% bonus will never pay off because World Tour stats you off with poor paying races.

On the event list, do the last column of races (all the way at the right). Set the options for max payout, except allow yourself to enter a car faster than the competition. Pick whatever race has the biggest payout and a bonus to driver level. This will get you free cars the fastest. Always use an overpowered car. When you get a prize car, look up its value here

http://www.myforza.net/f4/carlist.php

(search by bonus level)

If you don't see any cars you want from a level, pick the most expensive one and auction it for a little bonus money. If you want, you can also do one D or C class event with the prize car to get to manufacturer level 4 and fully tune it for no cost to you before selling.

If multiple people on the Xbox have Live, ask if you can use their account once you reach level 50, then grind the levels again and send all 50 prize cars to your account. Keep what you want, or sell the expensive cars.

The auction house only works if you are lucky. I rarely got cars for cheap. I bid on thousands of auctions, very few of which I won (no point bidding above value), and most of the ones I won were at majority of value. Sometimes an auction will end while at work and later I check and find that someone else got it cheap, but had I been there to bid I always end up in a bid war.

SuperShouden
You could do this. But it takes 20 minutes. You can make more money and experience by taking about the same amount of time, maybe less, and running a couple of World Tour Races, which can be just as easy and don't require buying the stupid benchmark test track. I think I explained the pointlessness of this tactic on a youtube video. All this method really does is show that 50K is the most any race will give you. You can add to it with the difficulty bonus, but that's literally the max it goes to. Which...just proves that Turn10 has an issue with giving players massive amounts of money at once.

I don't recall ever finding an event in World Tour or the event list that give as much money as quickly.

Back