How to paint the roof...?

Some years ago, I used to own a Mini Cooper ‘04 in British Racing Green with a white roof and wing mirrors. As luck would have it, the other day, I got a Mini Cooper S ‘05 for my daily challenge thing, but the only problem is it is gold with a black roof and mirrors, and I want to make it look as close as I can to my old car. No problem, I think, I’ll just pop in the livery editor and change a few things round... Turns out it’s not the simple. I’ve managed to get the main paint changed to as something very close to the green, and I’ve got the mirrors and spoiler changed to white. However, I am having trouble with the roof. I can’t see an option to change the paint colour of the roof by itself, so it seems like I need to use decals. But that’s not as simple as it first seemed, and if your not careful, you end up with the decal covering parts of the bodywork too.

So, is there a simple way to go about changing the roof to plain white?

Thanks.

Some years ago, I used to own a Mini Cooper ‘04 in British Racing Green with a white roof and wing mirrors. As luck would have it, the other day, I got a Mini Cooper S ‘05 for my daily challenge thing, but the only problem is it is gold with a black roof and mirrors, and I want to make it look as close as I can to my old car. No problem, I think, I’ll just pop in the livery editor and change a few things round... Turns out it’s not the simple. I’ve managed to get the main paint changed to as something very close to the green, and I’ve got the mirrors and spoiler changed to white. However, I am having trouble with the roof. I can’t see an option to change the paint colour of the roof by itself, so it seems like I need to use decals. But that’s not as simple as it first seemed, and if your not careful, you end up with the decal covering parts of the bodywork too.

Thanks.
To get the tricky edges, set the layer method to align with camera and move the camera to avoid it running down the body work

Argh! So I had another try at doing the roof, only this time the decal is flashing, making it nearly impossible to place, and once it has been placed, it doesn’t show up when moving the camera around. I swear it wasn’t doing the yesterday. I did adjust the depth setting, but I’ve reset that, and it’s still doing it. I even tried reverting back to the standard livery it cam with, and it does it on that too. Any ideas what I’ve done, or how to fix this?

Thanks.

Thanks very much for offering to do that. However, it occurred to me that I could just buy a new one in the correct colours, so that’s what I’ve done.

Thanks.

Hi, I've just done it with a decal on the roof and it was fine. It will only spill over into the bodywork if you make it so large it extends beyond the window pillars.

Argh! So I had another try at doing the roof, only this time the decal is flashing, making it nearly impossible to place, and once it has been placed, it doesn’t show up when moving the camera around. I swear it wasn’t doing the yesterday. I did adjust the depth setting, but I’ve reset that, and it’s still doing it. I even tried reverting back to the standard livery it cam with, and it does it on that too. Any ideas what I’ve done, or how to fix this?

Just to come back to this question. That's happening because your attempting to place a decal on a part of the car not covered by the area selection that you currently have.

Cars in the game are divided up into areas, generally; body, bonnet, other, wing, mirrors (some cars have more or less options). So you select which of those areas you want to put the decal on. You then get asked which camera view you want to project the decal from whilst you're placing it; the front, left or right side, roof, rear, or bonnet. If you've selected bonnet/hood to place a decal on, but then select roof camera view, the decal will still only show up on the bonnet/hood (and not the roof)... and if you move it over a different part of the car you only see it flashing momentarily (so you don't lose it).

Hey guys i have a question. Trying to paint the porsche 911 rsr, under the rear window, the plastic bit ? Also why can't we paint the ducts ???

Back