How to play GT7 online properly - Realism and not garbage

• Thread starter ChadGT7k13
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm playing GT7 since awhile and I'm aware that it's a simcade, but I faced very annoying scenarios in the Sport mode, people really don't want to play seriously and way too many are playing just to fire up the engine or crash you on the wall on purpose, there is no report option at the end of the race, so nothing you can do about it.
I'm not a pro and I also make mistakes, but I want everyone to make an effort to play properly.
Anyway, the kind of races that I find there are far to be considered simulation of real racing, I mean game mode, fuel and tyre consumption, fake tracks etc, you name it, ridiculous... Sometimes I've seen good races, but they pop up once a month maybe? No idea...

Then I discovered the multiplayer mode, unfortunately, this is also another disaster.
People join my room for "simulation", or whatever grade GT7 can offer, but then they all leave, maybe they put down a couple of laps in practice and leave it there without giving a simple explanation on why they left and there is zero penalty for that.
I tried to join other similar rooms and it's not that different...

At the end, I wonder what I need to do to get into some serious simcade experience with this game.
So far, as my first Gran Turismo, it was very interesting for the vibe and history of cars, but also in the introduction to GT cars (I followed and played F1 only so far), but that's it, it didn't offer any decent experience in online racing.

Next week I receive my sim rig and I don't know what to do with it in GT7.
What do you do to play properly in GT7, are you part of smaller niche communities or anything else?
I generally try to request friendship, so next time I have players that I know I can trust for a good simcade session, but usually they don't reply, or leave it there.

first, advance to the S class safety rating, you will be matched with more serious minded people. Also do proper qualify so you start higher up, with people that know the track and want to win. at this point I have some dirty races, but overall its quite clean

first, advance to the S class safety rating, you will be matched with more serious minded people. Also do proper qualify so you start higher up, with people that know the track and want to win. at this point I have some dirty races, but overall its quite clean
Thanks, I'll check how to reach S safety level, I didn't even notice so far.
In sport mode, I don't think that qualifying well is so important, you can meet these people at any level, there are many people playing and I'm definitely not in the absolute top 3.
I've seen worst though, like people waiting for the train of cars to rejoin at some point, just to take a simple revenge or to kick off some random cars, quite silly...

I'll organize a room in Multiplayer, hopefully not many quit and wait for some league race.
Today I had a very nice fair play race in Multiplayer, but we were 2... The others all left during qualify...

I would focus on the sport mode and daily races/ fia races. You have two ratings, one based on your performance, other on safety. And if you just started, you are at the very low. And qualifying is very important

Thanks, I'll check how to reach S safety level, I didn't even notice so far.
It does make a difference. It's going to be obvious why those at lower levels stay at lower levels.

It's not a complete fix of course, it's relatively easy to get to SR S if you play it smart and there will always be knackers in public lobbies, in any game not just racing.. It's something if playing online you have to accept to a certain degree.

However do I see a difference when I'm matched with SR B drivers and below in the times when there's not many people playing? Oh yeah, huge difference.

The best way to do that its to join Private leagues, if you search for shure there are some in your country, some probably will have live stream for their races and commentators and more real race settings like permanent damage..., if you damage your car you need to pit to repair and so on.

Latest Posts

Back