How to practice with ghost of real guy?

• Thread starter fullsus
  • 6 comments
Thailand
Thailand
I come from rFactor2. I set AI 80-90% for training that is very help me to improve my skill

but in iRacing I can't find AI. It's only practice that wait for a long time and have one or two guy on my time.

It's possible to load ghost of real guy to practice instantly?

Not possible sorry. But honestly it is best to practice against real people wether faster or slower than you, the slower guys help you learn to deal with traffic and overtaking, the faster guys help you get faster :)

I come from rFactor2. I set AI 80-90% for training that is very help me to improve my skill

but in iRacing I can't find AI. It's only practice that wait for a long time and have one or two guy on my time.

It's possible to load ghost of real guy to practice instantly?
Not possible sorry. But honestly it is best to practice against real people wether faster or slower than you, the slower guys help you learn to deal with traffic and overtaking, the faster guys help you get faster :)

^Not true at all! If you hit the tab button in a test session, you load a ghost (if checked) and a time comparison bar (Delta time) along with a timing box in the lower left. If you're in a practice, TT or Quali, you just get the bar. If someone sends you a .rpy file, you can load that and test from it (I forgot how, but are commonly found in the setups pages of each car in the iracing forum).

Hitting Tab once shows "all time best lap", again shows "all time optimal lap, again is all time best sector, then "all time optimal sector", then "session best lap" and so forth. each track is divided into timing sectors similar to GT5, optimal lap strings all your best sectors together and creates a lap that you can potentially achieve. good luck :gtpflag:

Last edited:
^Not true at all! If you hit the tab button in a test session, you load a ghost (if checked) and a time comparison bar (Delta time) along with a timing box in the lower left. If you're in a practice, TT or Quali, you just get the bar. If someone sends you a .rpy file, you can load that and test from it (I forgot how, but are commonly found in the setups pages of each car in the iracing forum).

Hitting Tab once shows "all time best lap", again shows "all time optimal lap, again is all time best sector, then "all time optimal sector", then "session best lap" and so forth. each track is divided into timing sectors similar to GT5, optimal lap strings all your best sectors together and creates a lap that you can potentially achieve. good luck :gtpflag:

That's your own ghost not someone else's.

I didn't know you could download someone's replay and create a ghost out of it.

It's still true the best practice is against real people ;)

thank you. for your reply.

yes real people is better than AI.

in practice I found only the guy equal 100% AI. too fast for me.

I can follow them only 3 turns afterthat if want to see him wait about 5 laps they will behind me.

for guy equal 80-90% AI will be in race only that is impact SR.

I found in most race have crashed 3-5 cars within 3 laps.
Is this normal traffic ?

You can ghost-race in iracing. It's under 'events' tab, in 'Watch/ghost/etc'. You're on the track but you're invisible to everyone. Pick a correct split and you're likely to find someone to follow.

Also: iSpeed is the best tool to go faster.

Last edited:
I can follow them only 3 turns afterthat if want to see him wait about 5 laps they will behind me.

I found in most race have crashed 3-5 cars within 3 laps.
Is this normal traffic ?
That's why I use the all time optimal lap, it's gradual in speed the faster you get, and it always shows there is room for improvement unless you match a best sector in all sectors for one lap which is fairly rare except at the beginning of a new car/track combo. The biggest key is patience when following a ghost and in some cases it even takes time to break habits of going around the car in front to properly use a ghost.

In rookie and D class races it's fairly common to see people crash out in T1, it requires you to be on your toes and consistency pays off.

I have heard many good things about iSpeed telemetry as posted above. I don't use it myself because I just haven't ventured into it yet.

Back