How to reach 1 horsepower

I guess technically the Dodge Tomahawk X could get under 1 horsepower with enough miles but I think by the time it would be down no one would remember to post the results.

I guess technically the Dodge Tomahawk X could get under 1 horsepower with enough miles but I think by the time it would be down no one would remember to post the results.
OK, so now we need someone can write some script, keeping Tomahawk X run 24h a day, I'd say maybe just gonna use less than 100h we could get a total bust engine.

Maybe they have a Scapes location from Ferris Buellers Day Off and you can just put the car on blocks with the gas down.

I wonder if you could do that quickly by revving the engine in neutral or doing a burnout against a wall?

Good luck on your quest. Ha

OK so I already got the 9hp version into a Nurbugring, in AT, it took me 22min46s.

Did you see me? I passed you on my Rollerblades in the carousel.

Thanks for being my editor Famine. Happy New year!

Last edited:
What's the basis for this?

I've not driven so many cars a considerable distance in GT7, but in previous GT games there were threshold values for engine condition that reduced power by single-digit percentages. Unless it works differently in GT7, you'd only see a reduction from whatever stupid value the Tomahawk has to about 10% less than that (due to engine wear and oil degradation).

To see the lowest possible power you'd need a car with very little power to start with, maximum oil and engine degradation, and 50% on both the CPU (which boosts power a little bit when fitted, so not ideal but the loss is more than the gain) and power restrictor. The FIAT 500F mentioned in the first post would seem to be ideal, but I doubt it'll reach that little unless the oil/engine degradation works differently than in GT6.

Quickest way would be to fit a load of removable power parts and send it out on SSRX for a few days.

At that point, I doubt it'll even make it up the slightest incline.

bring it llama GIF

If cars continue to lose horsepower the more mileage they have with no oil or engine rebuild no matter the value they lose horsepower per mile all cars could get to under 1 horsepower. Like others have said though at a point the vehicles tested can't go up steep hills so Route X would not work for the entire test.
My guess in general though is it will take so long to even get the Fiat to 1 horsepower that there is a higher chance that the 1885 Benz with under 1 hp is back in GT before the Fiat gets to 1 hp.

If cars continue to lose horsepower the more mileage they have with no oil or engine rebuild no matter the value they lose horsepower per mile all cars could get to under 1 horsepower. Like others have said though at a point the vehicles tested can't go up steep hills so Route X would not work for the entire test.
My guess in general though is it will take so long to even get the Fiat to 1 horsepower that there is a higher chance that the 1885 Benz with under 1 hp is back in GT before the Fiat gets to 1 hp.
They don't, at least didn't in past GT's, not sure it's been fully tested enough to determine if they do in GT7 specifically but logically they would have a maximum value they could lose (likely to be a percentage of their power when in best condition).

Last edited:
Cars still Circle a track when the fuel tank is empty. Any data on how much hp a car makes in that mode?

How about an EV? Anyone check to see if power drops with high mileage?

Any data on how much hp a car makes in that mode?
Probably around 20-25hp (maybe less) as that's all that's needed to beat the air pressure at 50mph.

However any car produces less power if you don't press the loud pedal down - your power curve is only engine power at WOT at a given engine speed. You could, on that basis, make any car have 0hp by... not pressing the throttle at all.

Use a Veyron or Chiron to find out, since you can see their power numbers on the dash.
True.
Probably around 20-25hp (maybe less) as that's all that's needed to beat the air pressure at 50mph.

However any car produces less power if you don't press the loud pedal down - your power curve is only engine power at WOT at a given engine speed. You could, on that basis, make any car have 0hp by... not pressing the throttle at all.
True as well.

So the Veyron & Chiron may be the only cars to figure out throttle position, to make 1hp.

Do engines wear out faster if you dont do oil changes on them ever?

So do 10,000km extra when the oil says "Worn".
Will the oil "Sludge" up or act like it is causing accelerated wear?

Back