How to reduce tire wear on the V8 swapped Ford Focus

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
bloodykills750
Hi. I am using a fully modified V8 swapped Ford Focus for the 1 hour Spa race. My front racing hard tires are wearing out really fast. What can I adjust to reduce the wear? I am using the suspension tune only from this video: Max front and rear downforce, ECU set to 98, didn't mess with individual gears and simply set it to 310, torque vectoring set to 50:50 and brake balance set to 5 max

You could try my tune instead, that tune in the video has the weight distributed heavily to the front so when braking all the weight is there hence why you're getting a lot of tyre wear. additionally the front suspension settings are softer than the rear so the weight transfer is also magnified towards the front wheels while under braking.

Last edited:
Hi. I am using a fully modified V8 swapped Ford Focus for the 1 hour Spa race. My front racing hard tires are wearing out really fast. What can I adjust to reduce the wear? I am using the suspension tune only from this video: Max front and rear downforce, ECU set to 98, didn't mess with individual gears and simply set it to 310, torque vectoring set to 50:50 and brake balance set to 5 max

The more torque you apply to the front wheels, the more they obviously wear down.
Distribute as much as you can comfortably drive with to the back, it propably will slow you down per lap, but in the end it should make you faster for having better tyres in the long run.
Also reducing power output by fuelmapping will reign in on tyre wear (and allow you to put even more torque to the back).
Then what AW already said: front harder means less total weight transfer to the front means less tyrewear + as the car as a heavy front, it should improve handling.

Playing around with the transmission can also provide benefits.
The V8 has a pretty flat and long power band, you dont get much for revving high.
Instead of you match your gears to the corners, you increase acceleration and save fuel, and being in a higher gear also further reduces tyrewear.

Back