How to remove Button Navigation / text pop ups from lower left

  • Thread starter Thread starter grog
  • 5 comments
  • 843 views
Messages
1,238
United States
Humboldt / CA
Messages
GT-R_HumboldtEF
EDIT: I didn't realize there was an option to turn this off called button navigation in the pause menu. Thanks @iCyCo and @Famine
disregard text below


So I've been noticing this for a while but I just got fed up and started tinkering with the settings and found a solution.

What I'm referring to is the text pop up/button suggestion (not sure what to call it), so when I release or press the gas pedal it displays "Nitro X" in the lower left hand side of the screen, for the brake it displayed "E-Brake O".
This likely only happens for wheel users.

So to get rid of the text pop ups you need to change the configuration of the DS3 controller, for each button you press on the wheel this pop up corresponds to the buttons function on the DS3. My gas pedal is linked to the X button, so I set the X button to NA (not available/no function) on the DS3 and then the pop up went away for the gas pedal. I then changed the other buttons that brought up these pop ups to NA.

Anyway I hope this can help someone.
 
Last edited:
During a race/ time trial, from the pause menu select options and disable button prompts or whatever, can't remember what it's called exactly
 
So I've been noticing this for a while but I just got fed up and started tinkering with the settings and found a solution.

What I'm referring to is the text pop up/button suggestion (not sure what to call it), so when I release or press the gas pedal it displays "Nitro X" in the lower left hand side of the screen, for the brake it displayed "E-Brake O".
This likely only happens for wheel users.
Nope. Happens for everyone - it's a user-set feature which is defaulted on at the game start:
During a race/ time trial, from the pause menu select options and disable button prompts or whatever can't remember, what it's called exactly
Button Navigation.
 
Huh, I've never noticed that option before, thanks.
 
Button Navigation was in GT PSP, but they ported it over for some odd reason. I don't like it at all. It's pretty annoying.
 
Button Navigation was in GT PSP, but they ported it over for some odd reason. I don't like it at all. It's pretty annoying.

Yeah I don't see any point in it at all, its like a never ending tutorial.
 
Back