How to Run GOOD Arcade Mode Races

United States
Tatooine
Masta-Squid
As you all know, the AI in the Gran Turismo series started to decline when GT4 came out. If you can't find a good online race room, then I suggest following this procedure to make arcade mode fun & challenging.

Step 1: If you have a fully tuned LMP (900-1000HP) then you already know that the only competition you get are Suzuki Escudos & Toyota 7s. Why these cars are the chosen opponents, is beyond me. What you want to do is open a separate setup for your LMP & title it "Arcade."

Step 2: Now, set that setting however you wish, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, Set the power limiter so that your car has about 670PP to 700PP (The less PP, the more challenging). Now set your car to that setting & head to Arcade.

Step 3: Now enter that car in a race. And what opponents do you see? OTHER LMPS!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Depending on the amount of PP you have, there are different types of LMPs to race:

670PP: Newer open-cockpit LMPs
680PP: Open-Cockpits & Group C (50 / 50)
690PP: Open-Cockpits & Group C (25 / 75)
700PP: Group C
710PP: Group C & Escudos/7s (90 / 10)

Step 4: Now before you start the race, you could go to your settings back to 1000HP if you want. But I warn you, It won't be nearly as challenging. On the other hand, if your car is still too fast, you could drive with Racing Hards, or if your looking to make it nearly IMPOSSIBLE, turn off ABS.

Conclusion: This down-tune method works for any car (If your driving the XJ13 against LMPs, try this method!). Thank you for your time and patience. Hopefully your able to recapture your love of offline racing with this technique.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its very good info but be patient. It would be awesome to have a database of sorts to see what cars would be in the lineup based on what car you select. Are the Performance Points of your selected vehicle the only variable or if you take a different car does is change somewhat. As an example dtm/super gt with the same pp.

Please keep posting any other results you find.

Yes good info, and I would like to contribute to further testing for good arcade races.

Though Im more of a GT class racer..

Plus some other threads on the same subject do exsist - need to work out a way to combine the results..

I would also suggest that running a car closer to stock PP values does produce better races, rather than tuning it up...

Yes good info, and I would like to contribute to further testing for good arcade races.

Though Im more of a GT class racer..

Plus some other threads on the same subject do exsist - need to work out a way to combine the results..

I would also suggest that running a car closer to stock PP values does produce better races, rather than tuning it up...

Well. I suggest tuning it down, & like I said the method works for any vehicle class. If you drive GT1, tune your car down so you race other GT1s, not LMPs.

Its very good info but be patient. It would be awesome to have a database of sorts to see what cars would be in the lineup based on what car you select. Are the Performance Points of your selected vehicle the only variable or if you take a different car does is change somewhat. As an example dtm/super gt with the same pp.

Please keep posting any other results you find.

Actually some cars do diversify.

Like with the Sauber, for instance, if you have it set to 700PP, you'll Run with Group C.
But with the Peugot 908, you have to go down to 690PP to get the same results.

Back