How to save entire GT5 data?

• Thread starter squadjot
  • 14 comments
JakobSternberg
Hi

My PS3 needs to go to repairs, but i might get a new machine instead of an repair.. so new machine.

I've worked hard for my progress and my 60 gold medals, and i really don't want to loose it.

Someone said that i have to use Playstation Plus to save my game, is that true? (i would have to purchase it, as i don't have it atm)

I'd like to hear from anyone who done this..Are there things i should look out for?..

So just a ordinary USB stick, you have done this?

Do you know how large the stick has to be? (in terms of capacity)

I consider buying a Playstation Subscription would be your safest way of keeping a backup of GT5.

Well the save game can be anywhere from 3mb to 10mb so a simple 1GB flash drive will do it, you can pick these up for less than a couple of £ or $

Similar question: I have a broken system and am about to send in the PS3 to Sony for repairs. I inserted a USB and went to save GT5 (Game-->Saved Data Utility-->GT5-->Triangle button-->Copy), but I am only given the option of copying it to the Playstation Plus online storage, which I don't subscribe to. Anybody know how I can save it to a USB?

To the OP, if you get a new machine, you just have to re-create the PSN account that you were using with the save. It will only work on the account of the same name. Also, you will have your game intact, but you will lose certain items that are in the GT Data file (pictures, replays, DLC, patches, etc.) unless you export the pictures/replays to the PS3 through the XMB menu. You can re-download any DLC that you already paid for through the PS Store and you will be prompted to update the game when you re-install it.

To geebs3906, it sounds like the PS3 is not seeing the USB stick, which may be because of the issue that is causing your PS3 to need repair or if the USB stick is not formatted to FAT32.

While ago I was in a similar position, but instead of this issue, I was just deleting and starting again with my PS3.
I just used a USB Stick, saved the file, and then "reinstall" all the data.

But, be careful, the first time you will use the data, possibly, the game will rewrite the data, so, DON'T delete when you reinstall it on the console.

That was my situation, but luckily I kept the file...

So, yeah, you could use a USB Stick I think, but if a PS+ suscription gives you more security about it, go then 👍

Similar question: I have a broken system and am about to send in the PS3 to Sony for repairs. I inserted a USB and went to save GT5 (Game-->Saved Data Utility-->GT5-->Triangle button-->Copy), but I am only given the option of copying it to the Playstation Plus online storage, which I don't subscribe to. Anybody know how I can save it to a USB?

When it pulls up the menu of where to store it to, the thumbdrive you inserted should show, and you just scroll down to it.

Thanks for the reply's

Aslong as i keep my progress/cars/medals/throphys and such, i think i will do with the USB key. Seems like the safer method anyways. (i have flaky internet atm)

Any tracks you want to keep, share with your friends. Then when your back up and running you can download them back.

Photos can be sent to XMB. Save them to a stick and store them. I have never tried to re load them into a game though. Replays should work the same, but be unplayable without the game.

I had a similar issue. USB stick has to be formatted to FAT32 for PS3 to read it. Just put it in your pc, right click on it, and format to FAT32. After a few minutes you should be golden.

Scroll down. It should give you the usb option. The usb mem stick must be in the machine first.

Back