How to set up Rolex 24?PS4 

• Thread starter slthree
  • 27 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
I'd like to simulate this race and have a total of 2 hours of racing time which I would split with AI swap driver

What settings would I use for time progression and tire wear and weather slots and things like that?

I've never setup a custom race as I've only done career racing

Thanks

The shorter the race the less weather slots the better, too many weather slots in short duration I find trends to change how the car handles too drastically.

Going off the real race this year it looked like medium cloud, then finishing with rain.

I'll tell you guys something funny, more accurately, embarrassing. I had this game for nearly a year and found the driver swap options by mistake when I was fumbling through the pits menu

That’s kind of how this game goes, always something to find and learn about. I will admit a bit of effort was required to get the hang of the options, but once I did there’s no going back. I really enjoy this game.

I'll tell you guys something funny, more accurately, embarrassing. I had this game for nearly a year and found the driver swap options by mistake when I was fumbling through the pits menu
I've only just found out (after a year) that if you don't assign any buttons to headlights or wipers then they activate automatically when required :dunce:

Well, I did something wrong and my first attempt at a custom endurance race was a little bit of a fail.

I set the time for 1 hour and 5 minutes and X15 progression. That would simulate 15+ hour race, right? Shouldn't I need to pit several times?

Because, I only had to pit once. And, were it not for the rain, I wouldn't have had to pit at all.

By default (thanks to Sick who inspired me to try to race default setups), I had 40 laps of fuel. That's more laps than I did in 65 minutes.

Have I given enough info for you guys to tell me what went wrong?

Shouldn't I need to pit several times?
No not really. The X15 will only move the sun (or moon) quicker - accelerate time. It won't make your tyres wear or fuel disappear 15x faster. You could try switching to accelerated tyre wear and fuel usage in the game options. It won't be linked to the time but might be nearer to what you are trying to achieve.

Edit: I've just realised there isn't an accelerated option for fuel usage just slow or real. So that shoots that down!

Last edited:
👍
No not really. The X15 will only move the sun (or moon) quicker - accelerate time. It won't make your tyres wear or fuel disappear 15x faster. You could try switching to accelerated tyre wear and fuel usage in the game options. It won't be linked to the time but might be nearer to what you are trying to achieve.
Well, that answers that! Big disappointment for me:confused:

I'll try that suggestion you gave me. I guess I'll have to tinker a bit with it.

I wonder if they could patch in progression to affect the tires, fuel, brakes, etc some day?

Anyway, Thanks for replying so quickly, If:tup:

I wonder if they could patch in progression to affect the tires, fuel, brakes, etc some day?
Well it would make some sense to have a slider or similar to give you more options. Although I suppose pitting every couple of laps for fuel and tyres wouldn't be very realistic. An option for accelerated mechanical damage would be a possibility to.

Did you see my edit above about the fuel? That's a blow as well.

Just make the race longer. Maybe 3 hours x 8 time progression?
Yeah, that may be the way. 1:05 went by way too fast. I want to HAVE to take a break so I can give my AI "driver swap" teammate chance to drive where I can watch him while folding laundry or something

Did you see my edit above about the fuel? That's a blow as well.

Noooooooooo:banghead:

I can't believe it. The entire time I was eating dinner I was just counting down the moment until I could try to recreate the race again. Ugh! I'm gutted

I just thought of another way to do this.

SMS, are you listening? If not, can someone here who knows Ian, please make this suggestion:

Give us the option to set the max fuel a car can carry, not just for us as the user, but for the entire field.

That way, we can force pit stops

The other option could be: letting us choose the NUMBER of mandatory pit stops. Right now, you can only toggle yes or no for a mandatory pit stop.

These things may already be available on PC but I'm playing on a PS4

Yeah, that may be the way. 1:05 went by way too fast. I want to HAVE to take a break so I can give my AI "driver swap" teammate chance to drive where I can watch him while folding laundry or something

Haha folding laundry during a.i. co driver's stint. That's usually what I do as well. I'll even switch camera to backseat view like a broadcast onboard.

It's more worth it imo to do longer races. I've simulated daytona 24, le mans 24 in 12 hour races with x2 progression. It takes up your entire day so I don't do it often but totally worth it in the end

Haha folding laundry during a.i. co driver's stint. That's usually what I do as well. I'll even switch camera to backseat view like a broadcast onboard.

It's more worth it imo to do longer races. I've simulated daytona 24, le mans 24 in 12 hour races with x2 progression. It takes up your entire day so I don't do it often but totally worth it in the end

I would love to do a really long race but if I pause for awhile and my PS4 goes in to sleep mode, the wheel gets disconnected (even though it stays on). And, I can't re-connect it without taking the game off and restarting it

Wait, I just had another thought. Even if we can't accelerate the fuel, we can still force pit stops with accelerating the tire wear, right?

When we go in to options and accelerate tire wear, it accelerates it for the AI drivers as well, right?

What is the car that comes the closest to being a DPi? I've been testing with the RWD and P30 LMP1's and I can get down to about a 1:33 lap time but when they run out of battery on the banking they're only running about 160 MPH. The AI cars in the race were in the low 1:32's and I think they were P30's.

@slthree
What would be a good addition is a mid race save option. You could still run an accelerated time race but over a longer period. Race for an hour or so, pause and save the game then continue the next day. You could make it last all week - the Rolex 168! :)

GT6 had a save option I think. I know GTS has more advanced increased tyre and fuel usage settings plus the ability to allocate how much fuel a car has. SMS need to take note.

(Oh and a word of caution. If you post a message and nobody has added to the thread since, use the edit button to add further thoughts to your original post. And to reply to more than one person use the +quote button. You don't want to attract the attention of the mods, they frown on multiple posting. ;)
If a period of time has passed or you need to tag someone then multiple posts are ok.)

@Mr Grumpy did you know that if you don't assign any controls to the throttle, brake or steering the car will drive itself? :mischievous:

I just thought of another way to do this.

SMS, are you listening? If not, can someone here who knows Ian, please make this suggestion:

Give us the option to set the max fuel a car can carry, not just for us as the user, but for the entire field.

That way, we can force pit stops

The other option could be: letting us choose the NUMBER of mandatory pit stops. Right now, you can only toggle yes or no for a mandatory pit stop.

These things may already be available on PC but I'm playing on a PS4
Project Cars 2 is finished and there will be no more updates.

Well imagine I'm only finding out about this now from reading through these comments. I swear I didn't know before.
Have to check that out next time I browse Pit Strategy.

I've only just found out (after a year) that if you don't assign any buttons to headlights or wipers then they activate automatically when required :dunce:
Seriously? Even in online races Grumpy?

Well imagine I'm only finding out about this now from reading through these comments. I swear I didn't know before.

Not sure, I don't race online, haven't bought the subscription since owning the 1X :lol:

Yes hey work online, I've not get them set up so it auto does the wipers and lights online.

I tell you a more embarrassing story. I found out the same way in Project Cars 2 Career during an 8 lap race. The AI drove terrible and ended up losing a lot of position in the race and I came second in the championship because of that, I could not recover the lost points fully. I had to do the whole championship again :D

Back