How to setup a car

• Thread starter Heath82
  • 6 comments
Italy
Italy
hi guys, i’m looking for a guide to setup cars in assetto corsa, where should i start to fix a car’s bad behavior? From tyres? From dampers? From cambers and toe? I watched some video on youtube but i ended up more confused!! Can anyone help me out?

Thank you for the videos, but i already watched them. The fact is that i’m on ps4 and i have no tyres temperature add-on. On ps4 i can change the hud and show up tyres but they just change a little without get high on temperature even after 10 laps!! And i read lots of stuff where people said ac doesn’t matter about tyres temperature so much.. i have lots of hour on this game and i ****ing love it, but sometimes i feel i’m slow. I don’t really know if i should set my car up to fix some steering or braking behavior or just adapt my driving to the car and just change something get faster.

It definitely feels bad to drive on cold medium tyres, which i struggle to get to optimal temps for more than just one sector per lap... Actually i've done a full 30lap GT3 race on cold mediums while trying to heat the tyres! I believe it's more or less glitched since they changed the optimal pressure from 32psi to current 26psi...

There is an app that allows to store and transfer set up from faster driver directly into your game. Set up are over rated, following the advice from Aris in those 3 videos will take you 90% there.
How you drive makes much more difference than how the car is set up.
If their was a magic bullet we would have found it by now
Some people are fast, some are very fast and some people not so fast.
If you were fast you would probably already know that you are.
Relax and enjoy the experience, be as fast as you can, those 3 video will take you there.

There is an app that allows to store and transfer set up from faster driver directly into your game. Set up are over rated, following the advice from Aris in those 3 videos will take you 90% there.
How you drive makes much more difference than how the car is set up.
If their was a magic bullet we would have found it by now
Some people are fast, some are very fast and some people not so fast.
If you were fast you would probably already know that you are.
Relax and enjoy the experience, be as fast as you can, those 3 video will take you there.

Fully agree! I'm slow to average and I know it!

Whether I change my setup or not won't make differences since I'm not taking the optimal lines, optimal entry speed, optimal exist speeds, hitting apexes, braking distances etc.... A logical setup for me is simply changing brake bias if I'm locking up, or simply gears ratios depending on car and track! That's it really! Beyond that, I don't even look at suspension, dampers, etc...

To benefit from a setup you need to be realising the full potential of the car and driving it to the limit! Otherwise, if the setup can gain you 0.5sec/lap, all of that might be thrown out of the window by just getting one corner wrong in the whole lap! Only one corner!

Back